Ink Stains (Jack Kelly)

En başından başla

Jack holds his hands out to me.

His ink covered hands.

His smirk only grows bigger as he reaches for my cheek with one of those ink stained hands.

I let him stroke my cheek, only putting more ink on my face. I run the back of my hand with the ink on it down the side of his face, leaving a nice trail of ink.

"Pencil rubbings look good on you too," Jack compliments me, obviously ignoring my shyness, "And I ain't improvin' that truth."

Jack Kelly will be the end of me.

His eyes look into my own and I can't pull away.

"Jack Kelly, you're something else," I say, "But I enjoy that."

"Oh for cryin' out loud! Just kiss already!" Crutchie calls out from his mat.

A blush instantly floods my face at the idea of Crutchie being right there.

Jack's thumb caresses my cheek, reminding me of who's right in front of me.

And then I forget everything because there's a warm sensation on my lips. His drawing slips from in between my fingers.

I never felt a more beautiful thing in the world than Jack Kelly kissing me.

Ink-covered and as much of a mess as we both are, I love him and he loves me. And I have a feeling that will never change.

We kiss for a few more moments. Our beautiful moment only ends when somebody clears his throat.

Jack and I break apart. His hand moves to cup my cheek again as we both turn and look at Crutchie.

"I'm still here," Crutchie says with the tiniest bit of sass. Jack groans slightly and turns back to me. I blush and shuffle slightly under Jack's gaze. He grabs my hand and leads me elsewhere so that we can have some privacy.

Pulling me through the various city streets as the sun sets, he interlaces our fingers and squeezes tight. The two of us are giggling and flirting, not really keeping track of where we are.

Jack finally pushes me up against a brick wall and my hands weave their way behind his neck.

"I finally get some alone time with Manhattan's famous leader," I say with a little giggle.

"Ohhhhhh! So now you want to be around me?" he retorts, leaning forward so that our foreheads touch. I smile and take his hand, stroking his knuckles with my thumb.

"I'm shy!" I protest, still holding onto his hand and stroking his knuckles, "You should know this! I like having my alone time."

"Oh believe me," Jack says, "You know how hard it is to get a pretty girl to hang out with a guy like me. It's so hard. She neeevvveerrr gives me enough attention." His casual chatter turns into whining in pretty short order.

"You have some time with me," I answer, "Kiss me already, Kelly."

And he does. His lips on mine is a feeling that will never get old. I move to run my fingers through his hair and knock his newboy cap onto the ground. His strong arms wrap around my waist, holding me so tightly that he's afraid he'll lose me.

It's at this moment that I recall that I don't know where we are.

At the sound of Jack's cap falling, a door opens.

"Jack Kelly! What are you doing?" the voice of Medda Larkin rings out through the alleyway. Jack and I quickly leap a part as if we'd been shot at. Medda's eyebrow raises as she crosses her arms and stares at us.

"Miss Medda! We were just...." Jack starts to try to explain but he can't come up with anything.

"Don't improve the truth. I think she deserves an honest answer," I say, reaching over and rubbing his arm. His very strong arm. Medda continues staring at us, waiting for answer. Her eyes flick between both of us.

"Someone better start talking because it looks like there's a story here. You're both covered in ink and pencil shavings, and you were kissing right behind my back door. Rather passionately, I might add," she says, "So tell me the story."

"It's a long story, Medda," Jack says, reaching for my hand, "I'm sure you ain't got the time..."

"Oh I have time for this story, Jack," Medda answers, gesturing between the two of us, "So you better start talking."

And Jack does. I'm too shy to say anything besides anything that would defend Jack from any chastisement from Medda.

When he finishes, Medda just rolls her eyes and sighs.

"Jack Kelly, what did I teach you about girls?" Medda asks him.

"That they're pretty and they like a guy who tells them so?" he asks. Medda just rolls her eyes and looks at me.

"I honestly don't know how you put up with him," she mutters under her breath, "I did teach you that but I taught you something else. A women has flaws. A man can help her see those flaws and love her regardless. She can do the same for him. They work through their flaws together. That's the goal."

Jack and I exchange looks, slightly confused on what that's exactly supposed to mean.

"Which, based on what I'm seeing here, you two have no problem with that," she says with a slightly exasperated sigh, "Now, Jack. Go have your PDA sessions elsewhere. I don't really want them happening by my back door."

Jack and I do just that. We bid Medda goodbye and then find another rooftop in the city where we look out at the city around us, covered in ink and relishing in each other, and our hopes and dreams.

Life could not be more wonderful.

A/N: Hope this isn't too cheesy and that I wrote Jack okay. You can also find this on Tumblr!!! This is the first of a mini series with the boys. I'll eventually put these in a master list once I'm done with them so you can go read them at your own leisure. These are also going to stay in this book on here. Hope you like having ink on your face with Jack!! He was pretty fun to write on here. I've never done Jack x non-canon character before so I hope that was okay.

If you liked this, feel free to drop a vote or comment! Thanks so much if you do!!! I hope you all enjoyed this!! 

Also, this is my something happy after posting something super sad in Mother of the Rebellion.

See you around, friends.

-Aisling