six • sweet liberty

Start from the beginning

Siena gazed upon the stunning gown before ultimately deciding, "I should think it an off choice of color for me." While taking a sip of the sensational liquid. "I am no innocent debutante."

"Trust me, Si," Sevyn began. "No debutante is innocent. They are all blood-thirsty little rats."

"Exactly!" Madame Delacroix agreed, "would you prefer to sit around simpering over your needlework or whatsoever it is these debutantes must do to pass the time?"

"We must make our own way in this world, Siena." Sevyn expressed, "You will never catch me dead fighting for the attention of any man during any of these affairs."

"Which is why I shall find myself a wealthy, sensible gentleman-" Sevyn released a groan, falling back in the chair. "-to keep me in high fashion, one who will never break his word."

"Are men even worth it?" The youngest seemed to be budded out of the conversation as the two continued stepping on Anthony Bridgerton's name.

"Or prevent you from running up vast accounts at your beloved modiste." The women laughed.

"Or run home every time his mother or sisters have need." It did bother Sevyn, only because she knew the constant state of stress the Viscount was constantly under. At only thirty years old, he was expected to presume his fathers honor, and maintain the lifestyle for his mother and seven siblings- no man would ever be prepared for that misfortune.

"And where might you find such a paragon of dishonor?" Genevieve questioned attentively.

She knew the woman planned to attract Simon, but she refused to speak up about it- it was the mans decision if he wished to destroy the trust he made with Daphne. Besides, she knew Siena must have been in a difficult situation- she was hurt by Lord Bridgerton.

Sevyn decided to take her leave, knowing Henry would start to worry about her whereabouts.

The night air was not as chilly as she was expecting, or as it usually was, but she still rushed home- none the less. It turn, meeting Anthony on his venture back to the bachelors housing, which resided in the center of Grosvenor Square, right near her own home.

"What have you done?" She pressed, crossing her arms and giving Anthony her darkest glare.

"What have I done?" He asked, quite confused. "I do not know what you mean."

"I am quite close to Miss Rosso, my Lord." He let out a long sigh.

"You do not understand, Sev."

"I do not need to understand, Anthony." She whispered, recognizing that it was still night time, and people were trying to sleep. "How dare you."

He ran his hand through his hair, "what would you have me do? You were right, Sevyn, is that what you want to hear?" She rolled her eyes, "Do not press on things you would never understand."

She walked passed the man, hearing his shouts for her to stop. "Sevyn!" She was not interested in anymore of a tuft with the man, making it to her door, where he finally met up to her. "Do not act in a way you will regret."

"Regret?" She scoffed. "Anthony, you are a rake." He huffed. "Women have feelings. Men simply have... an eagerness."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means you will stick it into anything you can." His eyes widened, surprised on how she understood anything of the sort. "Siena is a woman with many feelings, and she deserves better than you, Anthony. God, when are you to grow up?"

The man was fuming. Never had he ever been so upset at this woman in all his twelve years of knowing her.

"Nothing to say now, huh?" Her attitude had brought out a new side in the man, making him feel things he never has.

Without a second thought the girl was pressed against the door. "Do not push me."

Her eyes narrowed, not understanding how he could have turned animalistic in a mere few seconds. "Anthony..." before she could make out another word, the mans lips were on hers.

Her eyes widened, as she understood the situation she was in, pushing him off of her. "Anthony!"

"Sev..." her breathing increased rapidly as she quickly opened the door to the house, "Sev- wait!" He begged, "please!" But the door was quickly closed shut as she leaned against it on the neighboring side.

What had Anthony Bridgerton done?

___________

Hi all!!

So, for this book I am following the events of the show as best as possible, which means Benedict will appear within the next two chapters!! (No, this is NOT an Anthony fanfiction)

Love,
Lauren