Urban Sword

Five.

            Four.

            Three.

            Two.

            One. The bell rang and everyone screamed for joy. We had all graduated from high school. Or at least all the seniors in my classes.

            I ran out with my friends Sarah and Nick and we ran to Sarah's car. It was a tradition that we would go home with Sarah on the last day of school. This would be the last time we'd be doing that. Just the thought of it made me a little depressed. But my sadness was soon gone once we hopped in the car and drove off. Sarah had painted the words "Graduation!" and "Class of 2011!" everywhere on her car. We drove to Mel's Diner to have some celebration milkshakes. Mel's was pretty far from the school, but it was worth the drive.

            Once we got there, I decided I would tell them the news of Andrew (my boyfriend who I'd been going out with for five years) and I moving into our own place, at Mel's, sitting in our favorite booth with the hyped-up jukebox.

            Once we ordered and got settled I told them. They had a different reaction than I'd been expecting. They looked surprised, startled, as if they didn't want me to move away anywhere.

            "Hey. It's not like I'm moving to Paris. I'll still be living around here."

            I soon found out that maybe I was moving far away.

            A few days later, my Aunt Liza called me on my cell and asked me if I wanted to visit her in Italy. I gladly accepted, totally forgetting the fact that I wanted to move in somewhere with Andrew.

            The next day, I finally realized that I couldn't move in with her. Or, if I was, I would have to bring my friends and Andrew with me. Hopefully, she doesn't mind, I thought.

            I called up Sarah and briefly told her what my Aunt Liza had said.

            "Oh my god, Jamie, you can't move that far away! I won't be able to live without seeing your perky face every week."

            I laughed at that. "Well, I was wondering if you would want to come with me. You know, of course, I'll have to bring Andrew and Nick, also."

            "Oh, yeah. Definitely." She took a long pause. "Wait, will your Aunt mind us tagging along at her place?"

            "That's why I was going to call her after I talked to you."

            "Oh, ok. I'll let you talk to her. But right after, you better call me to tell me if it's okay that Nick, Andrew and I come along."

            "Ok, bye!"

            I punched in Aunt Liza's number and she picked up on the second ring.

            "Oh, hello Jamie. What's up?"

            "I have a question."

            "Go right ahead!"

            So I asked her if Sarah, Nick, and Andrew could stay at her place, too.

            "Of course they can! I have way too much space in this old house of mine. I have four spare bedrooms, so there will definitely be enough room for the four of you."

            "Thank you so much Aunt Liza! Ok, so this Thursday, we are arranged to be leaving for Italy at 8:00 AM right?

            "Yes, that's about all you need to know!"