"𝐒𝐎, 𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐈 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄 𝐀 𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄?" Nas asked Mollie with a whisper as the two girls were sat at their desks in biology.

"You definitely should, or someone else will. She's gorgeous." Mollie smirked as she nodded towards the picture of the girl that Nas had been messaging for the last few days. "Looks a bit familiar, though. Ask her if she's been to Aca in Halifax."

"No, she hasn't." Nas shook her head almost immediately at the thought of Sameera attending the nightclub that Mollie was referring to. "She is a nice Pakistani lesbian, she don't do that kind of thing."

"Whatever you say." Mollie said with a slight smirk, raising her eyebrows as she turned away from the Paracha girl. Focusing back on the lesson, she was just in time to see Mr Hyatt approach Riz's desk.

"Now, I have often been accused of not having one. But Riz, do you mind?" Mr Hyatt asked in a completely serious tone, causing Riz to reluctantly place his hand on his teacher's chest. "Please take note that I am merely offering up my chest to demonstrate the circulation of blood through the heart. Can you feel that beating, Riz?"

"Yeah. I can, yeah." Riz chuckled quietly. He glanced over at Mollie to find her looking back with a smirk which, of course, made him roll his eyes playfully at her.

As the class chuckled, Nas leaned over towards Mollie with a smug smile. "Bet you wish he were touching you like that, don't ya?"

"Shut up." Mollie rolled her eyes, giving her best friend a light shove on the shoulder.

Nas chuckled at the girl's defensive reaction, her grin growing even more. "Jealous much, Mol?"

✰ ✰ ✰

𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐉𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐍 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐇 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄. Spotting him at his locker, she quickly rushed over and did her best to conceal the blue plastic bag in her hands.

"Jordan." She hissed slightly, garnering his attention before holding out the bag to him. "Here you are. I'll bring the rest of your stuff another day, but I put in some tops, jeans and underwear for you. Oh, and them star wars pyjama bottoms that you love-"

"Shut up." He said quickly, his cheeks turning pink slightly at the prospect of anyone finding out about his nerdy interest. His face softened as he realised how aggressively his words appeared, and he looked up to Mollie with a grateful smile. "Thank you, Mol. Honestly."

"S'alright, kid. I've always got your back, remember?" She said with a soft smile. As much as it hurt her to be apart from Jordan, she was just glad that he was in a safer place and away from their father. Ultimately, she valued her brother's safety above all else.

As the two shared a smile, they were joined by Cory who rushed over with a look of urgency on his face. "Guess what, you know that rugby match tonight?"

"Well good afternoon to you, too, Cory." Mollie replied sarcastically, causing her twin to roll his eyes.

"Shut up, this is important. Bell's organised a scout to come and watch me play." Cory informed them. "Well, all of us but mainly me. He says that if I can impress him, he could offer me an academy contract or something."

"That's great, Cory." Mollie smiled supportively, though it seemed that Cory wasn't finished as he shook his head at her.

"You don't get it. If I get an academy contract, I'll be earning. I could get us a flat, or something. We could move out, find a safe place just the three of us." He spoke seriously, though his deep brown eyes held a faint optimism in them.