Spy Games

Hi author here, i would really love some cunstructive criticism! please please please? I hope you like it, here ya go!

*************************************************************************************************************

*Click* the computer monitor went black, and then suddenly came back to life. *Downloading now in five, four, three, two, and one. Download complete* the man sitting at the desk leaned back and smiled. ‘My work here is done’ he thought to himself and quickly whipped out his phone.

“Download complete, get the subjects ready,”

“will do, sir” a voice said on the other line. The man then closed his phone and slipped it back into his pocket, still smiling. Peals of evil laughter finally made their way out of his mouth. Oh how he had waited for this moment, his life’s work was almost complete. Now the fun could finally begin.

~*~ 3 years later ~*~

“Hey, Veronica, could you please come into my office? It’s rather important.” I got up, shaking my head. Another day in the spy world just got better for me.

“Yeah? What’s so important?” I asked as I closed the door quietly behind me.

“Well it seems that there is some suspicious stuff going on in this computer tech college, and I want you to look into it. Seeing that you are the best spy here for the job,” handing me an orange envelope. Wow, this must be really important if it was orange. There were five color codes at our spy headquarters, and orange was ranking 4th on the list. I opened it, quickly scanning the contents. From what I could make of it, this was going to be a hard job, perhaps the hardest I had ever done. I looked up, astonish ment in my eyes.

“You’re sure you want me on the job? It seems pretty dangerous..”

“Yes, I’m sure you’ll do just fine. I hope to see you getting started on it by tomorrow.”

“O-ok, I- I won’t let you down sir! Thanks!” I ran out, huffing as I got back into my chair. On the computer I typed in ‘Dreams do come true’. Apparently, there was a new ‘thing’ were you could go in a sleeping chamber and have the best dreams of your life, whatever you wanted. No nightmare guaranteed. Or so the people in the dream chambers thought. But really, from what the contents in the envelope told me, the people in the dream chambers were actually slowly having their minds taken over, to do the bidding of the seemingly innocent scientists who monitored the dreamers