•~Prologue~•

"Let's get married when we're older so we can stay together forever!!" Korai's 6 year old self beamed to me.

"Yay, then Sachiro can be there too so we can all stick together!!" I beamed after him, grabbing the wrist of my taller brother besides me.

"Yea yea!" Sachiro agreed. Korai grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the playground, which also ended up dragging Sachiro since I was holding his wrist.

His hair was short at the time, his eyes looked bigger and he was way tinier. My older brother on the other hand was bald, though he had always been taller than a lot of the kids. Me on the other hand, I was always a little shorter than Korai. All the tall genes went to my two brothers, older sister and my dad while my shorter genes of the family came from my mom to me. I'm 5'5 but even that was considered small in my family.

We all kept talking and hanging out as the years went on. We all laughed together, hung out every day before, during, and after school.

I eventually developed a crush on Korai Hoshiumi.

He was funny, always so determined, he had a temper but he was there for my brother and me in his and mine darkest times. He cared so much, even with the tons of energy he had.

His eyes showed dominance, determination, and the will to not quit.

His smile was the sweetest thing in the world.

His laugh was just the most precious thing ever, how I wish to hear it more.

"Let's get married when we're older so we can stay together forever!!"

It rings in my head every second of the day, every day of the week.

Oh how I wish I never took his word for it...

How I wish I never fell in love...

Those words are all I hear... yet for once he doesn't care about those words.

After all, they were just the actions of our 6 year old dumb selves making unkeepable promises and spewting irrelevant, meaningless words.

Nothing more....

A/N

Woohooo prologue done!

Anyways I plan to make this really sad. It's not as angsty in the beginning but I swear I'll try my best to make it as angsty as possible (obviously following the appropriate story line I have planned in my head and all that jazz)

Anyways, go drink some water, eat something, rest up, homework, mental health breaks if needed, and My DMs are open to anyone and everyone if anyone ever needs to talk (:

Luv y'all <3

- Taylor (: