Choosing Pictures, Level Easy AF

Start from the beginning

Not to toot my own horn, but this was a request I got a while ago. The story is about 4 youths in the middle of a zombie apocalypse at school (trust me, it's more interesting that I make it sound). But nowhere on the cover do you see zombies. You see the title, 4 people, and fire. Does it makes you wonder what the fuck is happening? Yes. It makes you more curious than if I had simply added a zombie in the middle and called it a day. Sure, sometimes adding the zombies is cool, but not always.

Even if the image is within the genres, p l e a s e avoid clichés. I cannot stand seeing the same damn cover everywhere (remember the twilight covers-). 

Romance does not equal a rose. Not unless that rose is really important, but even then, please add something else there.

Does your story have a sexy gangster/werewolf/vampire male lead? Then you probably have a shirtless, black and white man on your cover. This one isn't as bad, but most of the time it's the same guy. Do you people only know 2 guys with abs??

Now, onto the Wattpad exclusive (I have s t r o n g opinions on this one). No, it's not fucking good at all. The real definition of overused. For the love of ALL that is HOLY, do NOT use those goddamn starry night sky pictures. You know those ones,  you've all seen them. They are abominations.

Wattpad really makes me question the taste of some people, because how come so many of you use this trash??

This, and it's many variations. LEAVE IT ALONE!!! IT'S S T A R S IN THE NIGHT. W H A T IS THE USE?! FOR YOUR ROMANCE STORY??? If you're gonna stick to a cliché, stick to pink and happy covers. Not this. P L E AS E, I WILL C R Y. 

FIND DOMETHING ELSE UNLESS THAT NIGHT SKY IS REAL FUCKING IMPORTANT TO YOUR GODDAMN STORY!!!!! Even then, DON'T USE THE SAME PICTURE EVERYTIME.

I am really sorry, —no I'm not— but I immediately skip to the next book whenever I see a book with a cover using the exact picture above as a background image.

And the damn silhouette couple images. Maybe this one isn't as bad, but I have a thing against them. They are so overused, I am tired.