"You have to be nice to these people," I told him. I walked out leaving him and Miguel to talk I waited out at the planter for Miguel and his mom. I could hear them talking about the date I was glad I left I didn't need dad to know that Hawk and I are a thing. or possibly a thing, unless he just wants to be friends and in that case, that would be so awkward. 

Carmen came out where Miguel soon after came out. As we were walking to the car Miguel asked, "Hey ma do you think you can drop Nicole off and then drop me off at Sams I told her I would meet her at her house."

Carmen turned to the back of the car where I sat and just nodded my head in awkwardness. "Are you sure I can leave Nicole alone at golf 'n stuff, wont you guys take an awhile?"

"Well, yea we might take a bit but remember Hawk is also going to be there." After that the car ride was silent and Miguel was dropped off at Sam's.

Soon after dropping him off, we arrived where Hawk was nowhere to be found, "Hey do you see your friend?" carmen asked, "Yea he's over there," I pointed to some random kid and got out of the car I knew carmen was busy so I didn't want to be a burden.

After I was standing by some random kid I texted Hawk, Hey where are you? -8:05

I got no response so I waited outside a bench until Sam and Miguel arrived. -8:25

"Hey, What are you doing here alone? Isn't Hawk here" Miguel questioned.

"No, he's not here yet. But hey don't let our problems stop you guys.' I faked a good ol' smile and they walked towards the mini-golf area.

I waited outside it was 9 o'clock at this point. I checked up on sam and Miguel they were done playing golf and were in the arcade area. I went back outside and texted him.

Hey, R you still coming??

No response and at this point, it was 10:00. I found Miguel to let him know I was just gonna go home. I could tell he could feel my pain but he knew if he brought it up I might have started to cry.   

I was crying at this point and not even halfway home and then I felt a buzzing from my phone. Hawk was calling me. 

"What? what do you want, are you gonna just stand me up and then call me like everything is okay." at this point, I was pissed and letting my emotions out. 

"Look Nicole I'm so sorry I know this is all my fault. please just let me make it up to you," As I heard his voice there was a car rolling up with the blue-haired boy and a bag of doughnuts. How was I supposed to be mad at him when he did shit like this. He hung up and got out of the car. his mother drove away. 

"Nicole look, before you get upset with me I want you to know treats aren't the only things I have to offer." He walked over and grabbed my face where he could see the red stripe from my face.

"Why? why are you so perfect? I'm supposed to be mad at you right now." we giggled and walked together towards my place.

We were walking side by side eating our doughnuts. Laughing and messing around. Since we weren't able to have our date at golf 'n stuff I told him we could chill at my place. Once we got there my dad wasn't there he must still be at the all valley meeting or something. 

"Hey, why don't you go to my room its the one on the left, and pick a movie. I'll grab us some popcorn," He nodded and headed into my room and I microwaved the popcorn. 

when I walked in I saw the maze runner title screen on" Great movie pick,"

"well it needs to be a great movie for a great date," I blushed and sat next to him on my bed.