"Okay people. Let's begin. Patient #34986 died last month from complications following a heart transplant. Dr. Burke will present," the chief said on the stage. Erin froze.

"Yo guys, isn't patient #34986..." Alex trailed off.

"Denny," Meredith and Erin whispered.

"Eight million. Eight million could get us on a plane to somewhere far, far away," Cristina said. Erin winced and rubbed her face.

"We're done for," she said.

"Cause of death was an embolus that dislodged from the suture line and caused a CVA with brain stem herniation," Burke said. A few people raised their hands.

"So, the company line is that he died from a CVA?" a woman asked.

"There is no company line. That's how he died," Burke said.

"Let's get back to this patient's need for emergent transplant. You're saying the patient's left ventricle had been weakened by the LVAD malfunction?" a man asked.

"His left ventricle was weakened by the fact that he had congestive heart failure," Burke said.

"Please, Dr. Burke. We all know that the LVAD was cut by an intern," the man said.

"The events remain unclear," Burke said.

"I'm going to my happy place," George whispered.

"It's unclear to you 'cause you were in the ER with a gunshot wound. Why aren't we hearing from Dr. Bailey? She was the senior physician on the case," the doctor said.

"I'm the attending on record," Burke said. Bailey stood up.

"Yes, I was the resident in charge," she said. She walked up to the stand and took the folder. They watched while Burke sat down. "Dr. Burke has summarized the medical facts of this case. Are there any questions for me?" she said. Everyone raised their hands.

"Brilliant," Erin whispered.

"You recently had a baby, Dr. Bailey?" the annoying doctor asked.

"I don't see what that has to do with-" Bailey started.

"Sleep deprivation coupled with wild swings in hormone levels are factors that could cloud anyone's judgement," he said.

"I sleep just fine, Dr. Savoy," Bailey said firmly.

"Really? Cause if a patient died due to my poor decision making, I'd lose a little sleep over it," Savoy said.

"Let me remind everyone that our purpose here is not to place blame. This is a forum to discuss mistakes in patient care and learn from them," the chief said.

"Well, so far, I haven't heard Dr. Bailey admit to a mistake," Savoy said.

"Why don't they just put a bullet in the back of her head?" Cristina whispered.

"It would be more humane," Meredith whispered.

"So, for a period of several hours, your interns were running amuck in the hospital unsupervised," Savoy said.

"I'm waiting for a question," Bailey said.

"The question is where were you?" Savoy said.

"There was the shooting, and the ER was chaotic," Bailey said.

"The ER is always chaotic. Did you page them during this time?" Savoy said. Erin moaned weakly, covering her head with her hands. She always felt guilty when people took the blame for her and this made her feel ill.