"Mtcheeww! Rude. Full stop!" I grunted.

"Oh!"

"What's the matter?"

"I will be the nurse assisting him during today's operation," she sighed.

"Pele! You will survive. Don't worry," I patted her back and turned towards the locker room.

"Are you going for lunch? It's already lunch time, you know"

"I know. That's why I'm going to the locker room. I need to change," I said while still taking steps towards the door. She was rooted to her spot at the center of the hallway. She placed her hands on her waist and smirked.

"You owe me lunch!" she announced.

"You say what?" I asked and rose a brow at her.

"Yes! Don't you remember? Have you forgotten when you bribed me to bring a file at the top floor? You said you will buy me lunch," she nodded with her smirk still on her face. "Today is your judgment day".

"No oo! Let it be tomorrow"

"Why?"

"Life no balance!"

"Everyone knows that! Look for a tangible excuse"

"Sincerely, I'm broke" I sighed and pressed my lips together.

"Are you joking?"

"My dear, I wish!" I walked closer to her and whispered. "I spent my last cash last night. My mom said my dad needed a drug for his leg. He is having pains there. I just had to empty my account and send the cash".

"So how will you eat? Do you want to buy in credit? Lemme by food for you na!"

My face lit up with a bright smile. "I have a friend who said he is going to buy lunch for me"

"Oh!"

"Yeah! I didn't eat last night nor this morning so the guy has prepared his mind to spend money today"

"Guy?" A mischievous smile crawled on her face as she stressed the word. "I didn't know you had a guy as a friend". She waggled her brows as she said the word friend.

"Be deceiving yourself there. He is just a friend oo," I rolled my eyes.

"Why are you being defensive?" She giggled. "Except you are hiding your feelings for him".

"I am defensive cos I know you like gossip. Don't go and spread false news".

"No na! I will never share with the world about your love life".

"Wahala oo! Which love life now? Don't start oo! Chisom, I am warning you," I hissed and walked away.

"Anita, my baby girl! You know it's all joke right?" she teased as she headed to the opposition direction towards a staircase.

"I know na," I sent a quick smile before I slipped into the locker room. I changed into my casual outfit. It was a black jeans and a blue blouse that hugged my body. Just as I walked out of the locker room, I bumped into someone, The Doctor! Yeah, that rude man.

"Sorry sir! I didn't know....I mean....I didn't see you...No! Like....It is not...Hmmm..." I cleared my throat. "My apologies, sir!"

The man I was talking to wasn't even listening to me. His wide big eyes were lustfully traveling up and down my body.

"Do you work here?" he asked, his voice raspy.

Stupid question! Ask fish, mister!

"Yes!"