"You like Oliver," she looked at me with her eyes wide, "What about your boyfriend?"

"Vincent loves me," I said, my jaw clenching, "And I love him."

I love Vincent. Strangely enough, that's not something I've said to anyone before that very moment. I've said I love you in passing to Vincent during intense make-out sessions, and quick love you's when saying goodbye, but, never to anyone else. Why have I never told anyone this fact before, when it's obviously true. I looked down at the ring on my finger. Its silver broomstick glinting in the light every time I rhythmically brought my fist forward for balance while running. I love Vincent. A small crush isn't going to change that.

"But you said you fear liking Oliver more than 'im," Liane responded blankly.

"Liane I was drunk." I shrugged, "It was a genuine fear for my intoxicated self, but not to my sober self."

~~~~

I woke up early on Halloween day. All students above the second year were allowed to go to Hogsmeade. This was also a chance for a date with Vincent.

I went down to the lunchroom well-rested and excited for the trip. At our table, Lori and Liane were chatting excitedly by my side while Sarah and June were quietly blissful holding each other's hands. They were long past their "making out at every stop they made" stage, as Lori called it, and were now just perfectly content in each other's presence. It was as if the two understood each other better than anyone else.

June and Lori were talking about their plans for Hogsmeade. Lori was going to meet Elio for the first time that year, and Liane was asked on a date by some Hufflepuff boy.

"Not really my type, but 'ees sweet and I want to 'ave some fun." I overheard her say on the subject.

I wondered if Oliver was going with anyone. No matter, it isn't like Oliver would ever care enough to ask me even if I wasn't with Vincent.

"It's stupid I care so much." I thought to myself. Vincent was superior to Oliver in every way imaginable. Going out with him would be a downgrade. Not to mention I loved Vincent.

The entrance hall was packed, and I could see excited students chattering as they waited to get their names checked off by Filch. He peered suspiciously into every face and made sure that no one was sneaking out who shouldn't be going. When it came to my turn to get examined by Filch, his face got so close to my own that I could see every one of his pores and smell the garlic on his breath. It made me genuinely considering kicking him in the nuts and running but a persevered.

"Alright," he scowled, upset that he couldn't drag another student to detention for trying to sneak out, "You're free to go."

I gladly stepped out of line and started to walk down the path to Hogsmeade through the large Hogwarts gates.

The ground was still soggy from the previous night's rain, and I could hear birds chirping in the bushes around the path. My outfit was simple jeans with a large knit sweater that still smelled of my home, and the constant smell of baking that always hovered throughout its corridors.