"She's in there with him," Olivia said. They all stepped into the room, seeing Izzie curled up on the bed with Denny.

"Izzie," Cristina said softly.

"I think it was a stroke. He was prone to blood clots. A clot could have formed on his sutures and travelled to his brain. It only takes a second," Izzie whispered.

"Iz," Erin said.

"Dr. Hahn did a beautiful job on the surgery. But I don't know why I didn't think of blood clots. He died all alone. He was alone," Izzie said.

"There was nothing you could have done," George said.

"I changed my dress three times. I wanted to look nice. I would have been here sooner, but I couldn't figure out which dress to wear," Izzie said.

"Izzie, we shouldn't be in here," George said.

"Iz, there are things that they need.... They need to move him," Meredith said.

"Take him to the morgue," Izzie said.

"You can't stay here. I know you want to," Cristina said.

"Can you please, please just get out? I want to be alone with Denny," Izzie whispered. Alex pushed through them in the doorway.

"Izzie, that's not Denny," he said.

"Shut up," Izzie said.

"Iz, that's not Denny. The minute his heart stopped beating, he stopped being Denny. Now, I know you love him, but he also loved you. And a guy that loves you like that, he doesn't want you to do this to yourself. Because it's not Denny. Not anymore," Alex said.

"An hour ago he was proposing. And now...And now he's going to the morgue. Isn't that ridiculous?" Izzie started sobbing. "Isn't that the most ridiculous piece of crap you've ever heard?" she cried.

"Come on," Alex walked over and picked her up. He carried her to the chair and sat down, cradling her gently as she sobbed.

Cristina left the room and Erin knew she had gone to find Burke. Erin looked at Meredith. She sighed and shook her head. Erin nodded. Meredith knew Izzie wasn't okay. Nothing was okay.

The six interns walked towards Derek, Addison, Bailey, Chief Webber, Finn and Rob. Izzie led them at the front, tears still staining her cheeks, and Erin had her head down so nobody would see the forming bruise on her neck. She knew it was red and it would bruise but she needed to keep it hidden. Nobody could see what had happened because if anyone found out, they'd try and kill Rob, and if Rob found out people knew, he'd kill her.

Erin wasn't scared of men. She had always been able to control them but there was something about Rob when he was angry that set her on edge. He could just look at her and she was terrified.

"It was me," Izzie stopped in front of Richard. "I cut his LVAD wire. I did it. No one helped me. And now... I thought I was a surgeon, but... I can't. I thought I was a surgeon, but I'm not. So, I quit," Izzie said.

"Izzie," Bailey whispered. Izzie turned and left down the stairs, Alex and George behind her.

"I guess that puts an end to the evening," Addison said. Erin could feel her eyes on her but she wasn't going to look up.

"Yeah," Derek muttered.

"I guess it does," Richard agreed. He, Bailey and Addison left, though Addison looked back a few times at Erin.

"You ready to go home?" Rob put a hand on Erin's back. She nodded slowly. "Meredith, are you coming with us?" Rob said politely.

"I drove myself so I'll have to drive back in the car," she shook her head. "I'll see you at home, Erin," she said.