"Mermaid?" Erin said.

"Yeah?" Meredith looked up from her fingernails.

"Why is Dr. Milton walking towards us?" Erin said. Meredith looked up and her eyes went wide.

"Hannah," she whispered. They jumped up to their feet and began creeping towards the door.

"Where are you two shits going?" Cristina jumped up from the floor, following them.

"Is it just me or is Hannah shaking?" Erin whispered, looking into the room through the window in the door.

"Why is she squeezing the ambu bag by herself?" Cristina asked. Erin pushed the door open gently.

"Hannah?" she said softly. Hannah looked up, tears in her eyes. "Hannah, where's Dr. Milton?" she said.

"He, uh, he left. He didn't want to die," Hannah mumbled.

"Hannah," Meredith whispered, stepping to Erin's side.

"I think I'm gonna take my hand out, now," Hannah said. Erin rushed forward, Meredith and Cristina following. Cristina took control of the ampu bag while Meredith and Erin focused on Hannah.

"Hannah, no matter what, you cannot remove your hand," Erin said calmly.

"We're almost to the finish line. You can do this," Meredith said. Hannah heaved her first sob.

"No, no, no. I just want to take it out and be done with it," she sniffed.

"Hannah, it won't be much longer. Remember, you're keeping him from bleeding out," Burke stepped into the room with Dylan.

"No!" she cried. "I am twenty two years old. I should not even be in here. This is some kind of mistake!" Hannah cried.

"She's panicking, we need to clear the room," Dylan said urgently.

"We're not leaving," Erin and Meredith chorused instantly.

"Greys, let's move!" Burke said.

"I'm not leaving her!" they said.

"Get everyone out now, Dr. Burke," Dylan said angrily.

"They're my interns. I am responsible for them," Burke said.

It was like chaos suddenly erupted. Everyone started talking at once.

"No, it's gotta come out! It needs to come out!" Hannah cried.

"Yang, go with Dylan!" Burke said.

"You go with Dylan," Cristina scoffed.

"It's alright. Hannah, look at me," Meredith said. Erin put her hand on Hannah's shaky arm.

"No! It's gotta come out. No, no!" Hannah sobbed.

"Hannah, look at me. You can do this," Meredith soothed. Erin kept her hand on Hannah's to keep her in place.

"Hannah, you need to calm down. You need to relax. Everything's gonna be fine," Dylan said.

"No!" Hannah cried.

"Hannah, Hannah," Burke said.

"Hannah, you can do this," Erin whispered.

"No, it has to come out," Hannah bawled.

"No, you keep it there. Just a little longer," Burke said.

"I have to! I have to!" Hannah yelled. She yanked her hand out.