one

You opened your eyes looking to your right. The big window that the sun beamed through is as annoying as ever. The big bed you've slept on for 18 years is as comfortable as ever. And the atmosphere in your home is as...

"Ah..Lady Y/N you are awake'' your head maid spoke as she entered your bedroom chambers.

You sat up in bed and hopped off of your bed quickly making your maid gasp.

"Lady Y/N that is very dangerous, seeing as so your bed sits really high." She spoke in a parental tone making you put on a fake grin.

"I am fine Ms.Rudy please do not worry any more" you said walking over to your desk

"You may drop the formalities Lady Y/N as I am simply a lowly maid" she responded

"Ah yes..then Rudy please take your leave I have to prepare for the day" you spoke in a low but demanding tone making sure she knows she is to leave immediately.

"I am truly sorry but the Duke wishes to have breakfast with the lady" The maid spoke as you raised an eyebrow

"Father?" You questioned to yourself

"What the hell would he want?" You spoke out loud as the maid looked worried because of your manner of speaking

"Okay please inform father that I will be a few minutes late Rudy you are dismissed" You said followed with a sigh

As to why you reacted that why when you heard your father wanted to have breakfast with you..well you are an illegitimate child.

18 years ago your father had an affair with a lady of low status. A commoner. Which she gave birth to you but died during the process. Your Father took you in as his daughter but you were treated by trash like those outside of your home.

Your Father never shows much favor towards you but he doesn't neglect you. He makes sure you are fed and that you have a good stay at the mansion. He is a very confusing man as you can not figure him out. Among nobles having a child by a commoner is  looked down on.

As you are Y/N. Illegitimate Daughter of Duke Erwin. Belonging to the house of smith.

You have one other sibling. Her name is Annie. As she is adopted and came from another country. Your father took her in and raised her as his own. Although she was a commoner in her country, here she is treated with love and respect from all nobles.

She excels in many. Her swordsmanship puts knights who have trained for more than 20 years to shame and she takes her studies very seriously she has been known to never had failed in anything except communication. She is very like father in ways as you can never tell what they are thinking.

They sit and observe things around them as if they are god watching over humans.

You work twice as hard as Annie, you smile so you can get a "such a pretty daughter you have" compliment from people who are passing by just to make your father happy,  you trained for hours and hours trying to get your swordsmanship as sharp as Annies'.

"You should be more like your sister" they speak. Those damned filth. "Can't they see that I'm trying? Can't they see? Can't they tell?" You speak to yourself every night.