Getting Ready

Athena arrived back at Hogwarts several hours later carrying a large garment bag. Checking her watch, she knew it was incredibly close to dinner and she'd have to hurry to get back down from their room in time to actually eat with her fiancé. As she hurried through the castle, she felt a sense of calm that she hadn't felt since the announcement of the Marriage Law. The wedding was planned, her and Sirius got along famously, and her classes were only being slightly affected by everything going on. She finally reached the Great Hall and rushed towards the teachers' table, quickly taking the seat next to Sirius.

"How did dress shopping go, love," Sirius asked, quickly taking a sip from his goblet.

"Quite well! The dress is hanging in the closet, waiting patiently for the next time it's to be worn, which should be here on the grounds next Saturday?" Athena swore she saw a small smile cross Minerva's face on Sirius's other side.

"Next Saturday, you say? I think I might be able to swing that. Might have to change around a few other plans though." Athena sent him a cross look. She knew that they were going to be the first couple in the school to wed, and what an example they would be.

As Athena sipped on a calming draught, she couldn't help but think that the week had sped by faster than any other time in her life. She sat in front of a mirror in her office (the easiest place for her to get ready without being seen by the groom), finishing her makeup and trying out a few different hairstyles. Dora sat only a few feet away, watching little Teddy play with random things throughout the room.

"I think I like that style the best 'Thene," She said, tipping back a glass of butter beer that Madame Rosmerta had brought in for the occasion. Athena pursed her lips in thought as she eyed the carefully done chignon.

"I think I agree. Now, red lip? I think I can make sure that it won't smudge onto Sirius at any point." Dora nodded enthusiastically. Overall, Athena's face was quite neutral, with only a small amount of makeup on it. Quickly, she dabbed on the bright red lip and then cast a charm to make sure it stayed put, which she tested by showering her little god-son in kisses. Dora helped the slim girl into her dress and shoes before handing her the simple bouquet of sunflowers that they'd put together.

"Simply beautiful. I think you might be the prettiest woman I've ever seen."

"Wotcher Dora. If only you'd told me sooner! I'm afraid it's much too late, we're both with other people and I don't think I could let Sirius and Remus suffer for us to run away together!" Both women erupted into giggles. "I think I'm ready to do this." Dora grabbed her hand and squeezed tightly.

"This may have come as a surprise, but I do believe that you and Sirius are going to be incredibly happy together."

"Thanks Dora. You ready to walk me down the aisle?"

The two women walked through Hogwarts towards the Black Lake where Sirius and the small crowd of smartly dressed guests were waiting. Before they could make it past the doors however, Minerva stopped them both.

"I think I could take it from here, Nymphadora." Dora's hair flashed red for just a moment before she nodded, having already spoken with the older woman earlier.

"What's going on, Minerva," Athena questioned, incredibly confused.

"Well, you see my dear girl. Sirius has always been one of my favorite students, and seeing him marry one of my favorite colleagues is just a treat I would never pass up. However, walking you down the aisle is another thing I could never let go. I've always thought of you as one of my children, and I'd be honored if you'd allow me to walk you down that aisle." Athena's eyes began to tear up in both surprise and happiness.

"Oh Minerva. I'd be the one who's honored." And with that, the younger woman had trapped the headmistress in a tight hug.

"Alright then, we must get going! Don't want to keep Mister Black waiting now would we?"

A/N:

The wedding and more will be next chapter! Stay tuned folks!