6. I would've never met you, averie alexander.

Start from the beginning

The two walking side-by-side to the library, earning looks from some of the second-years. They knew what happened to the last girl who went to study with Sky in the library- who wasn't Stella. Averie knew of the rumours- it would hard to not hear the comments when your magic unsettlingly activates at the weirdest and most inconvenient ways possible. 

They were perched at one of the wooden tables, Averie's work books spread out across the table within a few seconds and she didn't even lay a finger on them. "I love magic~" Her vocals sang in a gentle manner, earning a grin from Sky.

"Does seem pretty handy..." He hummed in agreement, she shook her head whilst turning the pages of the Celtic Runes leatherback textbook.

"Should see my hair some mornings. My aunt once mistook me for Albert Einstein." Her laugh made him wonder. What he was thinking about was a unknown matter to even him... there was just something about Averie that made her seem like a complete mystery to the boy- creating a need to solve said conundrum. But he was fine with that.

For about an hour they sat there, Sky explained the differences between the runes and what each of them did. It was true that Averie had a basic grasp of the runes, but it wasn't a lie that sometimes she had no idea what Miss Dowling was going on about when she spoke Celtic dialect. The bliss of shared looks between the specialist and the air fairy were halted by one sound. 

Averie's phone.

Her hand removed the device from her pocket. Opening up to an urgent text from Terra. "Bloom's gone after the Burned One." Sky witnessed how the girl's eyes shot open- her face contorted with horror.

Her fingers rapidly sending a reply. "WHAT?!" Her eyes went that lilac colour again, her books slamming shut and whipped into her light-toned rucksack. Sky was alerted by her sudden movements.

"What's happened?" His voice expressed genuine concern. 

The girl slung her bag over her shoulder.  "Bloom's gone after the Burned One." Her phone let out the sound again. The ping.

"She said she felt a connection it." The text caused the girl to shake her head, hair falling back onto her shoulders as she carried out the action.

"She's actually gonna die..." She expressed her thoughts aloud. Her attention turned to the stood, packed up guy. "Why do you look like you're about to do somethin' stupid?" 

The duo paced their ways to the border of the barrier, after paying a trip to Sky's dorm- getting his specialist sword- for his own protection. Their feet trudged through the glades of fields. "I thought England only had this amount of grass." Averie chuntered, Sky's grin plastered on his face.

"Where did Terra say they would be?" The male asked the girl beside him- who had been surprisingly quiet the entire way, only speaking to retort about the vast amount of country side that was placed in between the school grounds and the barrier.

She didn't glance a gaze at the boy. "The old barn. You know where that is?"

"It's beyond this line of tree, which is where the barrier ends." She looked at him as he replied to her. Their feet continued on, until there eyes saw the barn and girls surrounding said structure.

He could sense her fear of exiting the safety of a barrier, into the unknown of what lurked out there.

Her hand felt something brush against it, the warmth and the overlap of a bigger palm. Her eyes peered down at the digits that wrapped around the top of her limb. The boy began to walk again, dragging Averie with him over the shielding of the barrier. The five fairies who had been stood in a line began to disperse. The three figures she knew to be: Stella, Bloom and Aisha made their way into the structure, which was said to hold the Burned One.