It meant nothing to me that a woman had shared my bed. My bed was for a handful of activities; sleeping, sex, occasionally eating...most likely off of someone else's body.

But I had no sentimental attachment to it. It could be easily replaced. Like anyone who found their way into it.

I watched the women anyway, their faces when they realized that I honestly didn't care about them.

This woman in particular, who I'd met the night before for the first and last time, was almost fully dressed now. She glared at me and started for the door, but not before Charles cleared his throat.

I had to stifle a laugh as I glanced at my manservant and saw the bra hanging from his fingertips.

Face flaming red, the woman stalked across the room and snatched it before practically running for the door once again.

Charles sighed and started for me, clearly disapproving of the shirt on now and half-buttoned. Charles rummaged around in a lower drawer and pulled out a set of polished shoes, which he straightened on the floor in front of me.

"I really wish you wouldn't use me for that purpose," the man muttered, sitting on the edge of a dresser and crossing his legs.

It was obvious from Charles' posture that we had a relationship that went beyond just king and servant. Although I had a secret reputation of being incredibly fair and generous with my servants, that didn't mean they let loose in my presence. But Charles had been with me for almost all of my life and he could probably get away with murder.

"I wouldn't have to use you for that if they would just believe the rumors, and get out on their own."

Charles rolled his eyes. "You're hoping for too much. You know every woman in the Kingdom daydreams about being the one you can't let go. They each thing they're bringing something unique to the...bedroom."

I snorted.

"Well, I wouldn't say she was particularly unique. Somewhat of a dead fish, really."

"Where did you find her?"
"Out on the Red Street last night."

Charles' face froze as he stared up at me.

"She's not...?" he asked, voice icy with horror.

I rolled my eyes. "I haven't gotten that desperate, Charles."
"Well I wouldn't be surprised if you'd gone through all of the women in the kingdom, and had to work your way down to the lower classes at this point."
That got a grin out of me.

"Not yet. Surprisingly, they're still flocking to me, ready and willing."

Glancing at myself quickly in the mirror, I was satisfied with what I saw. A tall build, broad shoulders, thick blonde hair. The white shirt I wore accentuated my cheekbones and the pants fit perfectly. It was no wonder I never slept alone. I looked damn good.

Charles sighed and stood up.

"Well, you've had your chance at peace and quiet. It's time to start the day."

"Start the day," I scoffed, following my manservant toward the door. "What could I possibly be needed for today? Aside from giving my blessing on ballroom décor, menu items, signage for the tournaments – "

"Your mother wants to speak with you," Charles said lightly, smiling to himself as I groaned.

"Again?"

"Perhaps if you had listened to her during the hundred other conversations, she wouldn't need to bash you over the head with the same warnings."

"I need to find a mate," I mocked in a slightly higher-pitched voice.