rainy love ; diluc

Start from the beginning

your eyes widened even more. diluc was patting your head.

"d-diluc-?"

"ahem—let's get going shall we?" diluc interrupted your with a small cough and removed his hand from your head.

you stood there, frozen and brought your hand up to your head to feel the place that he just just touched.

'he touched.. my head..'

"y/n, i think there's an umbrella in the back room, can you check for me please?" diluc, who was now taking down some stuff and closing the shop, informed you which you quickly obliged and ran to the back, your heart still racing faster than ever.

"found it!" you exclaimed after digging through the back for a bit and found a black umbrella a little small foe the two of you but you two could manage.

you walked back the front of the tavern to see diluc adjusting his coat and gloves while waiting for your which made your heart skip a beat once again.

'why does he look so attractive doing everything??'

"are you ready to go?" diluc asked.

you softly nodded your head and scurried beside diluc as the two of you walked out of the building to be greeted by a strong wind and heavy rainfall.

your weren't expecting the strong wind and it literally blew you away, causing you to crash into diluc.

"oh my barbatos, i'm so sorry are you okay?" you quickly apologized to the red head who had both of his hands on your shoulders.

"y-yeah. here you go to my left, the window is a little strong." he averted his gaze and moved you towards his left and used himself to shield you.

you blushed again at his protective behavior and extended the umbrella in front of you two before opening it.

"give me." diluc said softly, offering his hand to you with a small blush on his face.

you slightly tilted your head before giving him the umbrella to which he took.

"thank you." you smiled to him before the two of you started walking into the rain with the umbrella shielding you two.

after a little bit of walking, you two were about to walk up the stairs before you heard a familiar cry.

both you and diluc's eyes widened at the cry and looked at each other, already knowing who that cry belonged to before rushing towards the sound.

there she was, the little girl in red crying, all alone under a booth roof and soaked in water.

"klee!" you panicked and quickly ran to the young girl with diluc following after.

"y/n-onee-chan!" klee's eyes sparkled at the sight of you rushing to her as you enveloped her body with a big hug.

"oh my barbatos, you're freezing! how long have you been out here?" you questioned with worried eyes, keeping the young girl to your chest.

"i-i doesn't know.. when i came back, everyone was gone.." klee sniffled into your chest.

a sigh left your lips as you looked over at diluc who was standing beside you before he looked straight into your eyes.

your eyes slightly widened again before your slightly averted your gaze and looked down at klee who looked like she was gonna start shaking soon.

"i'm cold.." klee mumbles softly into your chest before another sigh left your lips.

suddenly, you felt a long pair of arms wrap around your body that felt warm and protective. your eyes widened at the feeling, this was so unexpected from
someone like diluc.

"d-diluc-"

"sh... i'm warming you two up." diluc whispered into your ear, sending shivers down your spine to the surprise attack.

"klee, do you feel warmer?" you asked softly to the young girl but didn't get a reply.

"klee?"

"zzz..."

your eyes widened at the sounds of her soft snores, a small chuckle leaving your lips at her.

"let's go home?" diluc hummed.

"yeah, let's go home." you smiled back, feeling your heartbeat start to beat faster again.

'i think.. this clears up all my uneasiness about him..'

1023 words