Obedience's Apprentice - Cal Kestis (Smut)

Start from the beginning

"Do you ever talk?" I asked him, following him closely as he practically floated through the halls. I kept getting stares from some troopers, stares of pity and stares of worry. Was this uncommon for them to have new people in their battalions? Or was this that way everyone was treated when General Kestis was upset?

Only silence came from him as we turned a corner, a dead end not a few feet away. A sign next to the hallways read "Private Area", the General continuing to lead me forward into the forbidden hallway. There were only two doors, one on each side of the small hallway. He opened a door on the right, inside being a huge office with a desk in the middle, little décor and dark gray walls. Bland, I thought, stepping inside after he did. Behind the desk was a large, black leather chair and in front of the desk was a smaller one, also leather but you could tell where he sat and where the troopers in trouble sat or bringing him info sat.

General Kestis moved to sit at his large chair, his mask pointed towards me. He only rested his hands on the desk, folding them and saying the single word "Sit."

His mask slightly garbled his single word, but I'd been around death troopers enough to comprehend what he was saying. I sat down, keeping my eyes on his consistently. The General lifted his hands up, pressing down on the sides of his helmet before he removed it. Beneath was nothing I expected to see. There he was in front of me, a ginger man with silky hair and pale skin. His eyes were a sharp yellow, lighting up like any star in the dark night sky. A scar crossed his nose and once went from below his ear to his jawline. A pink scar went through his eyebrow and a smaller one, almost like a scratch resided on his perfectly pink lips.

"Commander Y/l/n, do you have any idea why you've been assigned to me?" he asked, voice harsh and intimidating with young undertones.

I leaned back in my chair, staring into his deathly yellow eyes, watching my grave being formed inside of them. "Well, I'm guessing because I'm one of the best Commanders in the Empire. Is there any other possible reason?"

"That is very true," the General confirmed while smirking widely, "Though there is another reason. You never seem to be satisfied with your troopers, and I have a feeling I know why that is."

I tilted my head a little, silently beckoning him to continue. His yellow eyes lit up brighter with a mischievous glint. "You say that they're never obedient no matter how many times you remind them of rules and commands they were to follow. I think I can fix that. To teach obedience, you need to learn obedience."

I crossed my arms over my armor-covered chest, brows furrowing. "I obviously know obedience, I wouldn't be a Commander if I lost my ability to listen," I retorted.

General Kestis raised from his seat, almost like he was in a hurry, anger coating his face in a mean expression. Slow steps led over to me, boots loud against the floor. "I believe the lessen is in need of being taught a second time. I'm sure you would not enjoy getting demoted, would you?"

My eyes went wide in shock, the smirking higher-up towering over me. His hands planted themselves on both arms over the chair I lounged in, turning me to face him with almost no effort. "I en-ensure you that demotion is n-not the right way to go about this!" My words spewed out in rambles of fear, heart pounding in my chest. I was not about to lose my dream job, and I was definitely not getting it yanked from my hands by some General I'd never heard of or met in my life.

"Then let the lessons begin!"

•–•

A week had a passed, a week of me desperately trying to order around General Kestis' troopers. It was hopeless, the way they listened to him but ignored me like I was some force-ghost. The inquisitor surely enjoyed having a laugh at me too, shaking his head as my commands failed miserably. The subtle touches sure didn't help from him too, the pats on the back as he commanded me and only me to watch him before commanding his troops with different orders. It made me want him, encouraged me to make more mistakes so I could feel the large hand cup my shoulder and push me aside.