Chapter 2

He started to lose hope, thinking maybe Pearl was not from his block.

One day Pearl was coming from college, on weekend, from attending Saturday classes. The sun was hot, and she went to some shop to buy ice pops. On her way home she heard someone calling her name. Looking back, by surprise, it was Dave.

Dave, "I've been waiting for your call since the day we met".
Pearl, "The minute you went back to your friends, my niece rubbed off the contacts on my hand. When I got home it was only the first four numbers left".
Dave, "Well today I can see you have your phone. Let me take your contacts, and this time around you will be the one expecting a call from me".

Pearl got home and like Dave promised,  he called.  Pearl, "Hello. Who's this ?"
Dave, "Hey. It's Dave. Remember I promised I'll call. It's nice hearing your voice "
Pearl, "Oh thank you for the call".
Dave, "So... can we meet some day, to get to know you better?"
Pearl, "I'm not promising anything, but I'll think about it."
Dave, "Please do. Just spare me some of your time🥺"
Pearl, "I'll think about it. Bye." (Hung up)

Through out the afternoon Pearl was thinking of what Dave asked her. Started thinking from the first time she saw him and now. Honestly he was all friendly, so there will be no harm for meeting up with him. Dave always called to check up on Pearl, by that made Pearl to have some little interest on meeting up with Dave.

One day Pearl called Dave, asked him to accompany her to the shopping complex. Dave agreed, and took that as a chance to know her better.
They met up, and like always, Pearl was shy. She couldn't even look at Dave. On the other side Dave wanted to hug her, but he could see Pearl was not comfortable around him.

They took a walk to the shopping complex, talking and when they came back they chilled at the park. Getting to know each other better.

Every time Pearl went to the shopping complex, she always called Dave. Dave was also available and made time for her. In that way she can be free around him.

One day Pearl called Dave to come chill with her at the park. He came, they chilled. Dave tried to make a move on her. She was not comfortable with that. He touched Pearl's thigh and she pulled away and looked shy. Dave could see she was not comfortable, and apologized.

It was getting late, he accompanied her to her place, and this time around he hugged her.

*Thank you for reading*
Leave a comment.