➳ 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦

Start from the beginning

"No, you will not." A male voice said, a tone of annoyance with a bit of blague in his airing.

"What if I do?" The female followed, a tone of indeed taunting passing with her voice.

"I know you won't, because friends don't lie, right?" The male replied, scoffing.

"Yes," The female chuckled. "But, what if? Only what if."

A loud sigh of the male could be heard at the very porch along with the sound of keys jingling right in his hands, Mike assumed.

"Then you won't see him again," Will said, more like a whisper. "Or worse, you won't see Max again."

A gasp escaped the female's lips, a stomping sound on the wooden porch being followed. "That's not fair!"

"Then don't do it. Simple." Will teased, the keys finally getting inserted into the door's lock set as Mike watched the handle being twisted inside.

He was standing a few steps away from the hatch, his gossiper ass being the cause. Mike didn't know what to do, where to go, or if he was gonna stay at the same spot he had his feet on until the door opened. And then he watched the doorknob being twisted further, more talkings could be heard outside but Mike didn't seem to pay attention to it. His heart was racing, and his body felt stiff. Shit.

And then... just like that.

The door swung open.

Mike met Will's gaze — who had a teasing smile plastered on his face, but it was quickly washed away as he met eyes with the Wheeler boy's. Mike wanted to say something, or to think of something, at least, but he couldn't. Not until he saw a girl with a wavy shoulder-length brown hair, standing right behind Will. Her eyes immediately darted to Mike's as they widened, her lips curving up to a grin. She pushed her brother — adoptive brother, who wasn't moving or talking as he only had his gaze fixed on the tall raven-haired — out of the threshold lightly to give herself access.

"Mike!" she yelled, running over to the Wheeler boy — who was only snapped out of his stupor by the lively voice of someone he didn't realize he had missed.

"E-El!" Mike yelled, trying to not crack his voice, but it was unsuccessful. Instead, he threw his arms wide, giving access to the wavy-haired girl as she ran over to him, wrapping her arms around the tall boy's neck.

Mike, on the other hand, rested his hands on Eleven's back, avoiding her waist. He didn't even know why he did that, why he thought it was a good idea. He just did.

The two squeezed each other as if they didn't want to let go, only Mike was sort of being forced. He liked the feeling of hugging a friend that he hadn't been in contact with for weeks, but it didn't feel right for some reason. He closed his eyes shut, taking a deep breath as he accidentally sniffed the strong scent of the girl in his arms. They stayed like that for a couple seconds, not letting go nor opening one's eyes, until Mike heard the front door shut.

Mike's eyes flew open, and he was shocked to see that the other boy couldn't be seen in front of him anymore. He heard footsteps disappearing behind him, so he slowly tilted his head to his left, seeing his best friend lightly stomping his feet on the stairs as he made his way up. Mike sighed, resting his chin on the girl's shoulder as he closed his eyes for a moment.

He didn't even say hi.

I mean, why would he? He's mad at me. He's gonna keep ignoring me.

After what felt like a decade, El finally let go of the clinch, facing the tall boy with a huge grin on her face — cheeks tinted a light shade of pink.