𝗏𝖺𝗅𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗇𝖾'𝗌 𝖽𝖺𝗒 𝗌𝗉𝖾𝖼𝗂𝖺𝗅.

Start from the beginning

"Calm down, Daph," said Draco. "Surely Y/n knows not to --"

BANG!

The three of them turned back to the scene, both Y/n and Harry now had their wands drawn out.

"For fuck sake!" said Daphne, running over to them. "Y/n! Put that wand down this instant!"

Hermione, Ron and Ginny were now trying to hold Harry back as the Professors started to frantically stand up from their seats, making their way towards them as well.

"Potter and Lovewright!" yelled Professor McGonagall. "Stop this nonsense!"

In the end, Y/n and Harry were put in detention for a whole month along with their privilege of going to Hogsmeade getting taken away for the rest of the year. Both of them had received Howlers from their parents. Sebastian and Cordelia Lovewright were in a mix of emotions while Lily and James were just disappointed, though James didn't sound like it at all.

"So will you be going?" asked Cho, snapping the younger girl out of her thoughts.

"I'm not sure," Y/n shrugged. "I don't really want to see everyone snogging for the whole night."

"I could ditch Ced and go with you instead,"

"As much as I would love you to be my date, I'll have to pass this one," said Y/n. "You deserve to have a fun time with Cedric."

"Awh, don't worry, darling, you'll find someone to go with."

"That is if I'm willing to go."

⚡︎⚯⚡︎

Y/n honestly thought her day couldn't get worse. From walking in on two students shagging, to getting sent a shit ton of love letters (half of them from boys and girls she doesn't even know) and getting humiliated in front of the whole class by Snape because of it. But, when Cormac McLaggen from Gryffindor approached her and Daphne with roses in his hands, she knew it was over.

"So, Lovewright," he said. "Be my date to the dance?"

"Um . . . no --"

"She would love to be your date, McLaggen!" Daphne exclaimed. "In fact, she was actually looking for a date!"

"What? No, I wasn't --"

"Good," McLaggen said, handing the roses to Y/n, who looked at it in disgust. "I'll pick you up from your common room at eight, and dress nicely."

He had whispered the last part in her ear, causing Y/n to shiver in an uncomfortable way as she clutched onto the bouquet, resisting the urge to punch the stupid smirk off his face.

Once he had walked away and was out of sight, Y/n turned to Daphne with an angry look.

"What the fuck was that about, Daph?" said Y/n, crossing her arms over her chest, bouquet still in hand. "You know that I don't want to go to that stupid dance and watch everyone be all over each other all night."

Daphne rolled her eyes at the younger, fuming girl. "It was for you to stop moping around, complaining that you don't have a bloody date."

"I wasn't complaining," said Y/n. "But, really? McLaggen? Out of all people here?"

"What? Would you rather go with Potter or something?"

"I'll take anyone as long as it isn't McLaggen." Y/n muttered under her breath before turning back to Daphne. "How do you know he isn't doing this just to get into my pants? I mean, he's done that to nearly half of the girls in our year."