06: 𝖽𝖾𝗍𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖿𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗁𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄𝗌.

Start from the beginning

The Gryffindor nodded, getting on his knees as he reached out for the jars on the bottom shelf.

The two were engulfed in a peaceful, yet awkward silence as they worked. Y/n was now working on separating the dittanies from the peacock feather jar. Harry, on the other hand, sat on the floor as he placed the moonstones into a new and clean jar.

Another few minutes of silence passed until-

Crash!

"Well shit," said Y/n.

Harry looked up from his position on the floor and saw that Y/n had somehow dropped the jar of dittanies. The jar broke into tiny little pieces of glass as the dittanies scattered all over the floor.

"How wonderful," said Harry sarcastically. "Can never do anything right, can you?"

Y/n turned to glare at him before pulling out her wand.

"Woah. No need to hex me, Lovewright."

"I'm not hexing you, you idiot," said Y/n as she rolled her eyes, pointing her wand at the broken jar. "I'm fixing the jar."

"But Snape said-"

"What Snape doesn't know won't hurt him," said Y/n. "Besides, since when did you start listening to his rules?"

Harry stayed silent.

"That's what I thought."

The Slytherin turned back around and muttered 'Reparo' under her breath, and just like that, the jar was as good as new.

Y/n kneeled down, picking up the dittanies she had dropped and putting them back in the jar. Harry scrambled up to help her. He didn't really know what got into him, he could've just left her to clean it up herself but instead he had decided to help.

"You don't have to help, you know?" said Y/n, noticing him get up. "I can do it myself."

Harry glanced down at his shoes as if they were the most interesting thing in the world. "Right -- er -- I'll get back to --"

The door slammed open as soon as Y/n had put the dittany jar back on the top shelf.

"Detention is over," said Snape. "You may both leave."

Y/n picked up her robe from one of the chairs -- she took it off due to how the sleeves kept on sliding down, even when it was rolled up -- and made her way out of the classroom, walking back to the Slytherin Common Room to relax for a bit before they all head to dinner.

"So, how was detention?" asked Daphne as soon as Y/n entered. She was sitting by the fireplace with Pluto on her lap as she read.

"Oh, you know, the usual," said Y/n, throwing her robe on a nearby chair and then flopping down on the couch, next to Daphne. "Where's Blaise and Draco?"

"I don't even know. I haven't seen them ever since class ended."

Y/n hummed, picking Pluto up and laying her head on Daphne's lap instead as she placed Pluto on her stomach.

"They're probably training for the Quidditch match tomorrow," said Y/n, closing her eyes.

Suddenly, her eyes snapped back open.

"We have a fucking Quidditch match tomorrow!" Y/n panicked. "Shit, shit, shit."

"Oh, calm down, will you?" said Daphne, putting her book to the side and looking at the girl. "You'll do fine. You'll beat Gryffindor's ass."

"Yeah, if Draco would start focusing on finding the bloody snitch instead of taunting Potter at every chance he gets."

"You could always just threaten him before the match."