Chapter 4

James's POV

I'm really bummed that Riley turned me down.

But that doesn't mean I give up on her.

Riley Carter will be my girlfriend, no matter what!

Riley's POV

I finish making my fathers supper then place his plate in front of him.

As he starts eating I go into the fridge and pull out some leftovers and put them on a plate and warm it up in the microwave.

"Get me my beer!" My dad roars at me. As I run over and pick up the beer.

"Here you go," I said while placing it in front of him.

The microwave finished warming up my leftovers to I ate it, then put my plate in the sink.

"Go to your room," my dad hisses at me. Then I open a door that has dusty steps that lead up to my room.

•••••••••

I lay down on my bed and then it shows up, the voice.

"Haha Riley's stuck at home while all the hot guys and beautiful girls are out partying. Gosh, your so ugly and horrible. Nobody likes you!" It growls. "Ugly, worthless, a nobody!"

I turn my head and close my eyes and start to think about my mom and sister.

*flashback*

"Mom! Guess what?!" Emily squealed while running down the stairs.

"What sweetheart," mom replied with her caring smile.

"Hunter Taylor asked me out!" She started to jump up and down.

"You mean that weird guy at dance who's always checking you out?" I ask then she nods.

"Yep! He's cute and amazing!" She runs upstairs.

"Riley?" My mom asked still having that caring smiling on her face.

"Yeah mom?" I reply.

"Can you do me a favour?"

"Sure."

"Never be like emily, sure she's pretty. But she can get very annoying," she giggles and I nod.

"I know mom. I won't be like Emily, I wanna be just like you," I smile then jump up and give her a hug.

A few hours after that, her and Emily had to go shopping. They got into a car crash.

*end of flashback*

I start tearing up. The last words I said to my mom were 'I wanna be just like you' so far I think I'm doing a good job.

Mom cooked for dad. She cleaned the house, did dishes, and she did the laundry.

That's what I do.