chapter 9 : desperate times call for desperate measures

Start from the beginning

He continued to walk for several minutes until he stopped abruptly, deciding he was far enough from the Trowley house.

"You know, you really have to stop dragging me around," Amelia winced as she rubbed her arm in pain.

He didn't reply; he just continued to look around suspiciously like a creep, so she followed his gaze.

He was probably making sure the two of them weren't followed.

"A sorry would be nice,"  she said, echoing the words from the day she met him.

"Right, uh sorry," he muttered, setting his gaze on her again.

She waited for him to say something.

To finally explain whatever the fuck was going on, but no, he continued to look at her with a look of desperateness still on his face.

She broke the silence. "What do you want?"

nothing

He continued to stare, as if she had the answers, even though he was the one who dragged her out here in the first place.

"Hello?"

nothing

"Look, if you're not going to say anything I-"

"I need you to pretend that we're courting," he said suddenly and quickly. So quietly that she wasn't sure she heard him correctly.

"Excuse me?" Amelia scoffed.

"I need you to pretend that we're courting," he said slower this time.

She wondered how truly insane sideburns really was.

First he was forcing her to dance, then introducing her to his mother and now he wanted to court her.

All in a matter of mere minutes.

This was truly unbelievable.

So unbelievable and crazy that she began to burst out loud in laughter. There was no way this was happening "you're fucking kidding right?," she said through her laugh.

But he didn't say anything.

Her laugh quickly died down and she looked at him, brows furrowed, wondering if he was actually being serious.

He noticed her confusion and continued, "look some news came out about me recently, some rumors that I need to get rid of."

"Rumors about what?"

"Rumors that appeared in a certain scandal sheet. It doesn't matter what they're about," he hissed.

It was obvious he was being evasive.

But she knew better.

"Oh, I know what you're talking about. Whistledown right?"

His ears became red and his eyes widened at the sound of her name.

"What did she call you? Arrogant and what was it.... pompous?" she smirked. This was finally getting fun.

"Smug," he muttered, visibly annoyed.

right. smug.

"Oh so, the rumors are true?" she asked as she made her way closer to him.

"Look, that's neither here nor there. What I do know is you're going to help me."

Lord, how psychotic was this guy?

"Look sideburns-"

"Anthony," he spat.

"Okay Anthony. Why in the world would I ever help you?"

"Because I know you," he said as he looked back at her.

The desperate look in his eyes had been replaced by a cold one once again.

"You don't know anything about me."

"Well I know who Rosalie Warner is, and I know you're not her"

oh shit

~~~~~~~
A/N

lmao hope y'all liked this chapter

vote 😤😤😤

and comment and follow if u enjoyed

lmk if y'all are confused and I'll clear it up

also yes this chapter was kinda inspired from simon and daph
i love me some fake dating tropes :)

see y'all later 🌚

violet

24/01/21