Chapter FORTY- SEVEN

Start from the beginning

I am frustrated. I groaned and quickly walked over to her, stopping her. I blocked her path, standing in front of her. "Hey Stephanie, listen, I'm not calling you a slut okay? You're not a slut. It's just that I was blinded by anger yesterday and I wasn't in my right mind" I explained to her, placing my hand in both side of her arms.

"it's okay. I understand. I was just used, like always, right? You don't worry, just go" she said, giving me a bitter smile. Why does she think of herself this way?

I collected the tray from her hand and walked over to the bed. She watched me with her slightly red eyes, from crying. I sat on the bed, placing the tray beside me. "Let's eat" I smiled at her. She placed her hands in her hips, narrowing her eyes at me. "I'm serious, let's eat" I repeated.

She walked over to the bed and sat down opposite me, on the other side of the tray. She placed her hands on her laps and gave me a long look. "You don't have to do this if you don't want to, you know. I can always--" She started but I shoved a toast bread in her mouth, shutting her up. She glared at me and I chuckled.

"Don't talk while eating" I said, with a mischievous smile. She rolled her eyes at me and took a bite of the toast then held it in her hand. A small smile broke on her face and that warmed my heart. I never talked to Stephanie in school. Apart from the occasional nods when we our eyes meet in the school hallways. I don't think I've ever seen her any of my class. Or maybe I didn't notice.

I've heard rumors about her and Nick confirmed those rumors when. She would call Nick anytime we are all hanging out together and she would ask them to meet. I even saw a text from her in Nick's phone that said, I got new panties, wanna check them out? I was so disgusted by her because she out herself out as cheap and fucked anyone.

"You have a little something in your chin" she spoke up, interrupting my thoughts. I raised my hand and rubbed my chin, to get whatever she said was there away.

"Is it gone?" I asked. She giggled and leaned towards me.

"It's a bread crumble and no, it's not gone. I'll do it" she said and I raised my chin towards her. She surprised me by placing a kiss on my chin, making me freeze. This is not right, you have a girlfriend, Eli! No! We're just having breakfast. Just breakfast. "Gone" she said and returned to her position on the bed.

"Thanks" I said, looking away from her face. I diverted my attention to the bread and scrambled eggs in front of me as I ate. She hummed in response.

We finished eating and I stood up, dusting the imaginary dirt on my trousers. She stood up as well, tucking some strands of her hair behind her ear. "Well, make sure you have a nice warm bath when you get home. You can rest for the rest of today, I talked to my dad already." she said, looking at me. I avoided her gaze.

I nodded. "I will" I said and started to leave. She walked in front of me, blocking my path. Then she rose on her toes and raised my chin with her hand, making my gaze meet hers.

"Thanks for staying, Eli. It means a lot to me and I don't regret what happened last night. I would do it all over again" She said, quietly. She placed a kiss on my lips and took some steps back.

I licked my suddenly dry lips and looked away from her. I don't remember much from last night, I wish I could. "Bye Steph" I said, before leaving her room.

I walked down the stairs and saw a girl by the end of the stairs, giving me a knowing smirk. I got to the end of the stairs and decided to ignore her. What is she smiling about?

"Thanks to you both last night, I couldn't get my beauty sleep" she said  as I reached for the handle of their front door. I felt a blush of embarrassment, creep up my neck. I turned around to face her.