Chapter 14 - you win!

Start from the beginning

The arcade was full of life, children's laughs echoed the colorful walls. Artificial game noises and sounds pinged and blasted throughout the room. The faint smell of dried bubble gum triggered joyful past memories for Killua. 

Gon rubbed the back of his neck bashfully, "I've never been before, but I assumed you have since you love video games." Gon explained. 

Killua nodded with a smile, "Yeah! I haven't been in a while, but let me show you my favorites." Killua said, walking down the aisles of games. 

He brought Gon to one game station, which appeared to be a shooting game. Killua picked up one of the toy guns, and began pressing buttons to start the game. 

"How do you play?" Gon asked, picking up the other toy gun. "Shoot the zombies, follow my lead." Killua said, as Gon gave a firm nod.

"I think i'm getting the hang-" 

"BEHIND YOU!" 

"AH!" 

Killua blasted the zombie behind Gon while Gon yelped. 

Killua laughed, "They're not real, you don't have to scream!" he exclaimed. "They're scary looking!" Gon whined. 

They had been playing the game for what felt like hours, and even though Gon was struggling, Killua was having a lot of fun, which made Gon happy. 

"The times running out." Gon said, following Killua's lead. "There's only one left! I can't find it!" Killua exclaimed, running his character around the map. "Watch out!" Gon called out, successfully shooting the zombie that was coming after Killua. 

The bold words, 'You Win!', appeared on the screen, as Killua's jaw dropped. Killua and Gon both turned to each other in unison. 

"Gon you did it!" Killua shouted, high fiving him. Gon giggled, "Yeah!" he exclaimed. He had never seen Killua this excited, and it warmed Gon's heart. 

Gon checked the time, "We should get going, we need to get a few more things done." Gon said, placing the toy gun back on the rack. Killua nodded, and took a picture of the 'You Win!' screen before following Gon out of the arcade. "Where are we going?" Killua asked. Gon smirked at him, "You'll see!"

( This scene was totally inspired by that one chapter in  bj alex :D )

The lively scene had caught Killua's eye. So much was going on, and all of the contrasting and bright colors blended so perfectly. The sweet smell of cotton candy and kettle corn traveled through the cool breeze, blowing through his hair. 

"You like?" Gon sang. Killua glanced at him, and nodded. "I've never been before." he admitted. Gon smiled, and took Killua's hand. "We'll explore together!"

Killua observed the fast moving roller coasters, the crowded food stands, and the huge ferris wheel. Gon squeezed Killua's hand, grabbing his attention. 

"Which one first?" Gon asked. Killua looked around, overwhelmed by all the choices. He laid his eyes on the tall roller coaster, and pointed to it. Gon smiled, "Let's go!"

The cart rattled as they traveled up the roller coasters hill. Killua squeezed Gon's hand, "What does it feel like going down?" Killua asked. "It feels like you're flying, but it also feels like your organs are getting shifted around." Gon said light heartedly. 

Killua's eyes widened and Gon giggled, "In a good way." he added. "What!" Killua exclaimed, as the ride slowed to a stop. "You'll see." Gon muttered with a mischievous smile, as the ride started going down. 

They both screamed at the top of their lungs, never letting go of each other's hands. 

When the ride was over, Killua remained speechless. "Are you okay?" Gon asked, genuinely concerned. Killua looked at him, and giggled. "Holy shit! It was like woosh and we were like ahhh!" Killua reenacted. 

Gon laughed at his sound effects, while admiring his excitement. He was just too perfect for this world. Killua finished his rant and looked back at Gon, "Let's go again!" he exclaimed. Gon smiled and nodded, "Sure!"

After several rides on the rollercoaster, the sky dimmed. "Killua, let's go on the ferris wheel." Gon suggested. Killua gave him a nod, and let him lead him through the crowd. 

Once they got on the ferris wheel, they sat across from each other. Killua looked out through the dirty glass window at the sky. The pink and purple faded in an ombre pattern, and clouds dusted the scenery. "Gon look! The sky!" Killua exclaimed in amazement. 

But Gon couldn't look at the sky, he had the best view right in front of him. "Is there something on my face?" Killua asked, touching his cheek. Gon shook his head, "No. Look out my window." Gon said, as the ferris wheel came to a stop at the top. 

Killua tilted his head, but soon gasped when he saw what Gon was talking about. They had a perfect birds eye view of the orange sun setting over the beautiful city.  They watched in silence, until the sun was no longer in view. 

"Hey Gon." Killua muttered. "Hm?" Gon chirped, looking over to Killua. Killua smiled softly, "Thank you. This was the best birthday ever." Gon smiled, "Of course, but it's not over yet silly." Gon said. Killua tilted his head, "What else could there be?" Killua asked.

"I guess you'll have to wait and see."