Chapter 14 - you win!

Killua opened his eyes slowly, and his eyes focused onto the boy hovering over him. 

"Gon?" he mumbled, in his usual morning raspy voice. Gon's smile brightened, as he pounced onto Killua. 

"Happy Birthday!" he exclaimed, hugging Killua as tight as he could. Killua coughed, as if Gon had just knocked the wind out of him. "Thank you. G-get off." Killua grunted, as Gon giggled. 

Killua rubbed his eyes and sat up. He looked at Gon's clock, to see it was only seven in the morning. "Gon it's seven! Let me sleep..." Killua mumbled, crawling back under the covers. Gon hopped off the bed, and ripped the blankets off of Killua throwing them to the floor. 

"Nope! We have a lot of stuff to do today. So get up!" Gon exclaimed. Killua groaned, but couldnt resist. 

He stood up out of bed, and looked at Gon. Gon smiled at him cheerfully and grabbed his hand, "Let's go!" he chirped. "Wait! I'm not even dressed for the day!" Killua exclaimed. He looked down at the oversized stained shirt Gon had gifted him, which Killua now claimed as his 'sleep shirt.' 

"Ugh, get ready slowpoke!" Gon said, pressing Killua's nose in a teasing manner.

Once they were ready, they left the house. Gon led Killua to a bus stop, where they boarded the city bus. "Where to?" the bus driver asked. "Yorknew city." Gon said. 

When they got to their seats, Killua tapped Gon's shoulder. "Hm?" Gon hummed. "Why are we going to Yorknew?" Killua asked. "I planned out a day for us." Gon responded with a wink. Killua stuck out his lip in a pout, and Gon giggled. 

"First things first, breakfast. What do you want to eat?" Gon asked, pulling out his phone to search for nearby diners. Killua shrugged, "Isn't breakfast usually just eggs?" Killua asked. Gon shook his head and frowned, but soon smiled down at his phone. "I know what you'll like."

"These are called... Pancakes?" Killua asked, poking the odd squishy substance with his fork. 

Gon giggled, "Have a bite!" he exclaimed. Killua hesitantly took a bite, as his eyes widened at the sweet flavor. He turned to Gon, "Chocolate!" he exclaimed. Gon smiled, "Yep! Chocolate chip pancakes!" Killua took another bite of the heavenly treat, the flavors melting perfectly on his tongue. 

Everyone watched the boys in confusion, as Killua ordered one chocolate chip pancake after another. Even Gon couldn't keep up, but found it adorable nonetheless.

Killua and Gon walked down the sidewalk, looking in all the shop windows as they passed by. 

"We need to eat those everyday." Killua said, still drooling over how good the pancakes were. "Eat pancakes for breakfast everyday?" Gon asked, giggling. Killua shook his head, "For breakfast, lunch, and dinner." he corrected. Gon laughed, "You'd get sick!" Killua chuckled, "So worth it." he muttered under his breath. 

Killua observed the people walking past him. There was a group of old ladies, walking veryyy slow. There were a few children, giggling and racing eachother with toy air planes. There was a cheerful couple holding hands, which reminded him of the thing he asked about at the beginning of the week. 

'What are we?' was the question he asked Gon, before Ging had bursted through the door interrupting Gon's answer. He didn't ask the question again, since Gon had been so upset about Ging. But maybe he would have the opportunity to ask him again today? 

"What are you thinking about?" Gon asked, bringing Killua back to reality. "Oh um. What we're gonna do next." Killua improvised. Gon smiled, "It's just around this corner."