bonus chapter | hangovers & birthdays

Începe de la început

"Morning, sweetheart." He whispered, the quiet of the morning seeping into your head and calming your thoughts.

Brushing the hair from your face, you looked at him as he scooted to rest his forehead on yours, pressing his lips to yours. His hand moved up to hold your waist, his other hand holding himself up on the bed. Your hands found their way to his jaw, stubble brushing your fingertips from him not getting a chance to shave yet.

"Good morning." You whispered back, pulling away enough to look into his eyes, the honey flecks in his irises that were only seen when you were close enough catching yours.

Kissing your cheek, he pulled you down into the bed again. He rested his head in the crook of your neck, and your arms wrapped around him, his bare shoulders warm. You felt another cramp start, body tensing as the pain overtook your body. Readjusting his position, Katsuki moved his hand to your lower abdomen and let his palm heat up, not enough to make an explosion, but enough to make it feel like there was a hot water bottle on your stomach. 

You tangled your legs with his and closed your eyes, letting sleep take over you once more.

***

When you woke, the smell of breakfast filled your nose. Katsuki had given you his hoodie, and it was wrapped tightly in your arms, mashed into a ball in the space where he had been only hours before.

Pushing yourself up, you rubbed your eyes as the hangover from earlier came back with only half as much force and clearing your throat once before you looked to the door. It was half open, and a waft of bacon hit your nose.

Pulling Katsuki's hoodie over your head, you left the hood up and stuffed your hands into the pocket, bringing your nose to your shoulder to smell Katsuki's cologne that always lingered on his clothes and in his hair. 

You left the bed and your feet reached the kitchen, rubbing your eye again as you walked to the end of the hallway. A yawn escaped you, covering your mouth as you came up behind Katsuki. With your arms wrapping around him you pressed your cheek against the middle of his back, closing your eyes again.

"Hi."

He grunted in response, he didn't usually like to talk while he cooked. It was something you found out early on, when he'd invited you over to his place for dinner and a movie on the couch after you'd both had excruciatingly long days.

You'd walked through the front door, a text coming through your phone at the stoplight right before his street letting you know that it was unlocked for when you got there. Calling out for him, you heard nothing but the sizzling of something on the stove and spices overwhelming your senses.

"Kats? I'm here." You called, closing the door and locking it behind you. 

You hung up your bag and left your shoes next to where his sat near the door. Sliding your jacket off your shoulders, you hung it on the hook with your bag and padded to the kitchen. The sound of chopping filled your ears and a head of blonde hair filled your vision.

"Hey." You said quietly, trying not to startle him because he had a knife in his hands.

He looked up, concentration evident in his face as he softened slightly when his eyes locked with yours. You were already pretty close to him, so he took his free hand that didn't have a blade and pulled your head towards his face, giving you a kiss on the forehead.

"Go pick a movie. I'll be done in ten minutes." He said, going back to chopping and leaving you confused.

Anytime you saw him, he gave you a bear hug as soon as you were close enough for him to pull you in, the touch starved hero nuzzling his face into your neck and smothering you in kisses. You tried not to overthink it and sat down on the couch, pulling the blanket from on top of it around you and getting comfortable.

You chose Richard Jewell, a movie the two of you had been meaning to watch for a couple of months now. Leaning back, you found the crook in the couch that had become your spot over these movie nights and grabbing your phone from the pocket in your leggings. 

The kitchen light turned off and the sound of footsteps was heard, turning your eyes to your boyfriend as he set two bowls of delicious smelling ramen on the coffee table. You held your arms open for him and he just about crushed you falling into the hug.

"Hi." He said into your neck, pressing a kiss to it and letting out a sigh. You could tell by the way his shoulders felt, he'd had a long day.

You had totally been overthinking it.

Katsuki didn't feel tense now as your cheek rested against the cotton shirt on his back, the warmth of his skin seeping through as you tightened your arms around him slightly. One of his hands was felt wrapping around your own and he brought one up to his lips, pressing a kiss to the back of your hand as keeping his fingers laced with yours.

His thumb drew shapes into your skin as he stirred whatever was in the pan on the stove, feeling him relax against you as the two of you stood. The morning was quiet, basked in the warm light from the windows in Katsuki's house. It wasn't early, but it was still Sunday morning, and you preferred to sleep in rather than wake up before ten.

You felt him pry your hands from around himself and you took the opportunity to rub your eyes again. Katsuki turned off the stove, grabbing two plates from the cupboard above him, setting them beside one another. Taking the spatula he'd been using, he scooped out the contents onto the plates he'd gotten out.

Stepping beside him, you wrapped an arm around his waist and felt his arm around your shoulder. Leaning your head against his shoulder, you felt his lips press against your forehead.

"Morning." He said, voice still hoarse from sleep. You wondered how long he'd been awake for before you'd gotten up.

You hummed against him, closing your eyes again and feeling him pull you in completely. Wrapping your arms around him, you felt him squeeze you slightly, resting his cheek against the top of your head.

"Happy birthday." You told him, lifting your face to look at him in the eyes. His red irises shone in the light that peeked through the curtains, locking his eyes with yours.

He leaned down and pressed his lips to yours, the softness of them engulfing your thoughts completely. With his lips moving against yours his hands ran down your body to your ass, your arms traveling to his neck and pulling you up.

Turning the two of you around, your legs locked around his waist as he set you down on the island counter behind the stove. His hands traveled up and around your waist, his fingers finding the hem of his hoodie you were wearing and finding their way under, grazing your skin and sending chills down your spine.

Lips traveling from yours and to your neck, he found the sweet spot that made you melt. Your head fell back as he smirked against you, squeezing your waist as he pulled away. He brushed the hair that had fallen in front of your face away and tucked it behind the ear his lips had just been near, making you blush. He pecked your lips once more, lingering slightly.

 "Long night?"

"Shut up."