2.

1993 - December 16th, ( still. ) 

Reggie's POV.

I look up, and see Luke climbing in through my window, and I immediately plaster on my fake smile, hoping he wasn't there for to long. Luke looked at me.

" Reg, why the fake smile...? " He said gently to me.

I didn't respond.

Luke got down on my bed, and wrapped his arms around me, hugging me closely. I know we're just friends... but whenever he hugs me, I feel like we're more. 

I can't help faking it anymore. I sob into his chest, so much it hurts. 

" Hey, Reg, it's gonna be ok... " He continued in his soft voice, the one I only hear him use to me. 

I look up and nod slowly. 

" How about you come and stay the night at my place for tonight? " Luke asks.

" O-ok, " I stutter.

He helped me get off the bed, and out the window. We ran around the front of the house, and cycled to my best friend's house.

Luke's POV.

Once we got into my bedroom is only when I noticed how bad Reggie got hit. His eye was black, and his cheek a dark red.

I hated seeing his usually cute face all beat up.

On the way back it had started lashing out side, so we were soaking from head to two, our hair dripping down our backs.

" Reg, I'm gonna go downstairs and get some ice for your face, and you can try set up some kind of bed, k? " I asked, still using my soft voice. 

He only nodded.

I ran downstairs, opened the freezer and grabbed a bag of ice. I got a smaller plastic bag and put some ice - cubes into it.

By the time I had ran back upstairs, Reggie had set up a nice little bed on the floor.

I walked over to him silently and sat down in front of him. I held the ice bag up to his wounds, and we looked each other in the eyes. His eyes were a big, cute hazel brown. 

I should really stop thinking of how cute he is... I mean I'm straight anyways...

Right?

Without thinking, I reached out and tucked some of his wet hair behind his ear.

He smiled softly at me. This smile was different then his others. It wasn't a big goofy one, or the fake one, just a small sweet one.

I loved it.

Reggie's POV.

Me and Luke didn't really do anything that night. We just sat in his room, in silence. Although we're childhood friends and all, sometimes it is awkward talking to him.

Probably because I have a huge crush on him.

Eventually, Luke speaks.

" Reg, how long has this been going on...? As in, you being hit...? " He asked, gently, but there was anger in his voice, although I knew it wasn't at me.

" About a year... " I mumble, truthfully.

" Why didn't you say anything, buddy...? " 

" I don't know... I guess I was scared... "

" Well, you shouldn't have been, we would have been there for you, ok? " Luke says, hugging me again.

I nod.

Luke's POV.

I hugged Reg one last time and climbed into my bed, him getting into his makeshift one.

We lyed there for a few minutes, there was utter silence but I knew Reg was still awake.

" Lukey...? " Reggie says quietly.

Lukey?! That was new.

" Yeah Reg? " 

" Do you mind if I just come up and sleep with you...? " He said akwardly.

" Um, of course! " I reply.

Reggie got up, and I tucked him in under the blankets on my bed.

As he snuggled up to me, I tried to hide the blush creeping up my face, although I knew he coulden't see it.

( Hope you enjoyed chapter 2! There's plenty more coming soon. )