Chapter 4 - The High King and Queen

Start from the beginning

"That was thrilling." Lucy laughs, bundling herself up.

"How in the world did you end up here?" I ask, pulling her off the side.

"I have no idea."

"Caspian!" We turn back around and Edmund is standing there looking like a drowned cat.

"Edmund." Caspian greets him, wrapping a blanket around his shoulders.

"It's great to see you." Ed says, the two of them walking to us.

"Didn't you call for us?" Lucy asks, looking between me and Caspian.

"No, not this time." Caspian says, slicking back his drenched hair.

"Well, whatever the case, we're just glad to be here." Ed's sentence is followed by a shrill scream.

"Get that thing off me!" A little boy yells as he throws Reep off him. "Get that thing off me!"

Reep rolls and tumbles over to us, lightly shaking water off his pelt.

"Reepicheep!" Lucy says excitedly.

"Your Majestys." He says, bowing deeply. The little boy is still coughing and sputtering up sea water, looking very dazed and confused.

"Hello Reep. What a pleasure." Ed smiles down at the large mouse.

"The pleasure is all mine sire, but first, what to do about this—this hysterical intelope." Reep says while motioning at the young boy.

"That giant rat thing just tried to claw my face off!" He shouts, pointing at Reep.

"I was merely trying to expel the water from your lungs sir."

"It talked—Did you see? Did anyone just hear that? It just talked."

I'm starting to think he's delerious from almost drowning.

"He always talks." A crewmate says.

"Actually it's getting him to shut up that's the trick." Caspian says and everyone laughs.

"The moment there is nothing to be said your highness, I promise you I will not say it." Reep says. Caspian just grins happily and sends me a quick glance.

"I don't know what kind of prank this is, but I want to wake up right now!" The boy shouts.

"Perhaps we could throw him back." Reep mutters making Ed and Caspian stifle laughs since it's clearly not something we should do.

"Edmund!" Lucy scolds, shoving him with her elbow.

The boy looks like he's going to burst into tears at any second as he storms around the deck. "I demand to know just where in the blazes am I?"

"You're on the Dawn Treader, the finest ship in Narnia's navy." The black minotaur from before explains. The boy goes pale as snow and passes out cold, landing with a thud on the hard wood deck. I kneel beside him, gently rubbing his back, now worried as everyone laughs.

"Was it something I said?" Tavros asks bringing on another surge of laughter.

"See to him will you?" Caspian asks him.

"Your Majesty." He bows his head and scoops the boy up into his arms to carry him below deck.

Caspian climbs half-way up the stairs and turns to the crew.

"Men, behold our castaways. Edmund the Just and Lucy the Valiant. High King and Queen of Narnia." The whole crew kneels before them and so do I. Caspian never lets me bow to him, he even has a difficult time excepting it from others but he only allows it for customary reasons. I bow my head and stare at the floor but after a few seconds Lucy pulls me up, then the rest of the crew stands too.

"Let's get you changed." I smile and pull her off with me.

Her clothes end up being pretty much the same as mine but with red and blue colors instead. We catch up and she explains that the other boy is Eustace, her annoying cousin, which I can already understand. After she's all dry, we meet back up with the boys. Caspian leads us to a small sort of office, the first thing I notice is the large gold plate of Aslan above Susan's horn.

"Aslan." Lucy mutters, looking at it too.

Edmund wanders over to a painting of what I assume is him and his siblings in a forest, before they left a thousand years ago.

"Look. Susan's bow and arrows." Lusy says, walking over to the weapon being displayed on the opposite wall.

"Lucy." Caspian calls. He opens up one of the small cabinets and pulls out her healing bottle and dagger.

"My healing cordial and dagger." She goes to grab them. "Oh, may I?"

"Of course, they're yours."

"Peter's sword." Edmund says, looking at the golden sword propped up in the corner.

"Yes, looked after as promised." Caspian picks it up and holds it out to him. "Here. Hold it if you wish."

"No no. It's yours, Peter gave it to you." Ed says, something flickers in his eyes, something that makes me feel the slightest bit uneasy. Caspian doesn't seem to notice and goes back to the cabinet.

"I did save this for you though." He pulls out Edmunds silver light thing and tosses it to him. I still don't understand what or how that thing works.

"Thanks." Ed says, shining it into his face before flinching away from it's brightness.

"Okay, what on earth is that?"
~~~
Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed.
How are you guys liking the update schedule? Should I be updating more often?
Don't forget to vote, comment suggestions, and follow for future updates!
Love you all <3