Chapter 01: Axton Wolfe

Ron groaned and blinked repeatedly as blinding light shone down upon his freckled face. Another day, another suffering. He reluctantly pushed himself out of bed. His eyes felt heavy though he went to sleep early last night.

His eyes, as he's expected, were swollen. Too much sleep. The sunlight, coming from the window, reflected on the mirror and flowed onto his bright, golden eyes. It looked as though his eyes possessed golden beryl that shone brighter than the green emerald of chrome tourmaline gemstone. But Ron hated his eyes.

Everyone in his dorm had already left for breakfast. Harry, who's now a new captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team, was probably busy discussing game plans with his teammates.

Ron stared at himself in the mirror. He tried. He tried really. But he couldn't do it. He joined the tryouts only to be laughed off the field. McLaggen had totally destroyed him off the field. Besides how McLaggen was flaunting everywhere that he is the new Keeper, the Slytherins had composed a song called, "Weasley Is Our King". Everything about it was aggravating.

Ron sighed as he slipped some random shirt and jeans on the edge of his bed. Since it was the weekend, he needn't to wear uniforms. He skipped the last five steps down the spiral stairs and dashed off to breakfast.

Not that he's going to the Great Hall. No. Hermione is going to bring him breakfast by the Stone Bridge. Like everyday. He wasn't mentally prepared to face anyone there. Though people, especially Harry, on the team are saying that they'd rather have Ron in the team because of McLaggen's personality, everyone knew that McLaggen is the one who should be on the team. After all, McLaggen are actually quite skilled as a keeper.

Ron stared blankly down at what was underneath the bridge. It was nothing to see. Just some steep rocks. But he pretended to be very captivated by it, as people walked by. Most were just minding their own business, but he almost immediately snapped as a familiar tune came from behind him. "What the fuck? Will you all just fucking mind your business?!" He bellowed.

The boy behind flinched, his blue eyes widened in shock. "What?"

Ron kept glaring at the boy in front of him. Only for a short while, because soon after his explosion he realized who he had just shouted at. Axton Wolfe. It was undeniable. The huge, deep scars on his face. The bright ocean eyes of sapphire blue, glistering calmingly under the ray of sunlight.

Ron's body were too dazed to move. It was actually the infamous Axton Wolfe. The transfer student from America last year. His parents were rumored to be worse than the Malfoys. And he was rumored to be a werewolf. Of course it was merely an assumption with the evidence of that he had those scars on his face. But when he got into a violent fight with the Minister about Dumbledore's arrest last year, the rumor became widespread. He had fought with his bare fist against highly trained and armed Aurors. It was a sensational gossip for everyone.

Axton had neither accepted nor denied that rumor. Actually, from Ron's perspective, Axton probably doesn't even know that there's an outrageous rumor about him. He goes on about his day like there was nothing wrong. Ron wished he could just turned a blind eye towards his problem like that.

And Axton wasn't exactly dumb or anything. Actually, he's very smart and topped all his class without even studying or anything. People were frustrated, including Ron himself, that Axton could just past his exams with a blindfold on. Some people even accused him of cheating.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to....uhhh." Ron was lost for words. People were pretty much intimidated by him, with the rumors surrounding him. So they tried to avoid him the best they can.

"I'm so sorry!" Axton suddenly blurted out, out of nowhere. "I don't really pay attention to my surroundings. Did I offended you or something?!" Axton stared intently into Ron's eyes, searching. Concern saturated in his big, blue eyes.

Ron had never been an eye-to-eye-while-talking kind of person. Staring into someone's eyes for too long made him go dizzy and his guts twisted around uncomfortably. He shied away and mumbled, "Whatever. Just stop singing that song. It's very annoying." Shades of pink crept up his face unexpectedly and he immediately dispersed away from the edge of the bridge, and away from Axton.

He turned to leave. But it didn't take long for him to come to a halt again. Axton called after him, "Um, my name is Axton." He mumbled, shyly.

"Yeah everyone knows that, wolf-boy," Ron snapped hotly.

"What's yours?" He peeked nervously at the ginger-haired boy.

"It's Ron Weasley." Ron said, his voice scorn. Axton took no notice of the rude tone and grinned, mouth spread and teeth bared.

Silence was his cue to leave. Ron hurried away from that boy and off to find Hermione. His stomach was ravenous, begging for food. He grunted, annoyed. Hermione should be here already with breakfast.

He soon spotted her standing against a big olive tree by the little pond. " 'Ermione, where's my breakfast?"

"In the Great Hall", she said, haughtily. "As it should be." She crossed her arms and acted like nothing was wrong.

"What the heck are you-".

"I'm not your personal food delivery person, Ronald", she snapped, hotly. "This is the sixth week since I have to bring you food. I am not an owl!"

"But-".

"No means no, Ronald. You have to get your own food." Hermione spoke with finality. And then she left, leaving Ron not knowing what to do.

...

"I can bring you the food!" A head popped up from behind him, scaring him. The familiar voice made him jump five feet away from his current spot. As he thought, it was Axton Wolfe. His ocean eyes were gleaming excitedly and a bright smile smothered on his scarred face.

"No thank you. I've been through enough shit for one day. The last I want right now is for people to think that I'm buddies-buddies with wolf-boy." Ron spat out, impatiently.

Hurt flashed on Axton's face for a split second but was wiped away the next. Ron still noticed it though. Did he go too far? Before he could say anything else, Axton quickly sputtered out a loud, dramatic "Sorry" and dashed away towards the castle.

Shit!

Though Ron felt slightly bad, he didn't know what to do exactly. Besides, Axton Wolfe was a total stranger. He can't just bust into his class or his dorm like they're close or anything.

But Ron can't help but be a little surprise. Axton was nothing like what the rumors said. He seemed like a weird but polite guy. Not a violent and bad-tempered bloke who secretly smuggled out whiskey bottles in the middle of the night or anything.

Axton's blur figure shrink more and more as the distance between them two grew larger and larger. That was Ron's first encounter with Axton Wolfe.