Chapter 8: Salt Water Taffy + Skateboards

Start from the beginning

"Ms. Andrews was trying to catch Karl off guard, which I didn't think was fair since Karl is usually one of the most attentive people in class and participates, and before he went to give Ms. Andrews his answer, I might have interrupted to double check that she had in fact gotten divorced and was no longer Mrs. Crane," Nick explained calmly like he had done absolutely nothing wrong.

Mr. Smith sighed. "Karl, you're good to go, ask the secretary for a hall pass and just go to your sixth hour. Nick we're gonna have to find some sort of suitable punishment for your behavior."

Karl stood up, quietly thanking the principal for understanding before giving Nick a sad apologetic smile. Nick returned it with his normal toothy smile and a wink. When the door closed again the atmosphere in the office changed quickly.

"If I give you detention again you know your dad is going to be on my ass Nick," The principal loosened his tie.

"Yeah, yeah I know. I'm sorry Uncle Ryan," Nick grabbed his shirt and tugged on it creating some air flow in the stuffy office

"If I don't give you some kind of punishment Jenna is going to just schedule a meeting with your parents," Ryan leaned back into his desk chair.

"You could say I have lunch detention and then I can just come and eat in here. Or if she wants me suspended you tell her I'm suspended and I'll just fake sick for three days," Nick tapped his chin thoughtfully.

"Oh I raised you good," Nicks uncle chuckled, "I think lunch detention will work. You're dismissed but please oh please try to stay out of trouble from now on Nick. You have one month of high school left, end it on a good note won't you?"

Nick sighed and promised to be on his best behavior before making his way to his sixth hour. He grabbed his phone to see he had a few texts messages.

Alex🤪
LMAOOOOOOOO JUST HEARD ABOUT WHAT YOU DID IN ENGLISH, BOLD

Dream🥱
Omg Nick you did not bring up Ms. Andrews divorce in the middle of class, please tell me you didn't your uncle can only save you so many times

Gogy👀
How bad is it?

----------

The one text that caught his attention though was from his sugar addict.

Candy Boy🍭

Hey, thanks for covering
for me, you didn't have to
do that

It's fine Karl, the principal
is my uncle I get away with
stuff all the time

-----------------

School was finally over. Karl passed his desk and grabbed a small bag of salt water taffy and collapsed into his pile of soft blankets and pillows. He turned his LEDs on to a faint purple and pulled out his phone to watch some youtube. Jimmy had uploaded another video of him dogging on minecraft youtuber intros. He pressed the thumbnail and dug out one of the small candies.

The crinkling of the wrapper drowned out the sound of the video before he crumpled the small waxy sheet into a ball and tossed it into the trash can by his bed. The brittle candy flaked slightly as his tongue was overtaken by the overwhelming sweetness that was cookies and creme. He smiled as his mouth salivated to try to break down the treat. He laughed slightly at the video as he chewed the candy, his teeth sticking together ever so slightly. He swallowed most of the candy, opening his mouth slightly to push the taffy that remained on his teeth back onto his tongue so he could finish it. He sighed contentedly as he fished out another candy.

He had eaten maybe seven taffies when his bedroom door swung open without warning. Karl let out a small squeaked as Chandler charged into his room and jumped on top of him, wrapping him in a bear hug.

"Chan- Can't, breath," Karl managed to get out as he coughed in hopes of getting another breath of air soon.

"Oops, sorry," Chandler laughed as he got off of the shorter boy.

"Why are you guys here?" Karl asked, pausing the video he was watching.

"Cause we're going to the skate park and dragging you along cause we never get to hang out," Chris said, showing Karl his skate board and a wide grin.

Karl rolled his eyes and laughed. He ushered his friends out of his room so he could change. He found a pair of clean jeans, his slightly worn out vans that he always skated in, and just a clean t-shirt. His eyes wandered over his selection of hoodies, before stopping over the one hoodie he shouldn't even consider wearing.

The bedroom door closed getting Jimmy and the gangs attention.

"Alright I'm ready," Karl smiled, his long board was tucked under his arm, which was drowning in soft baby blue fabric.

----------------

A/N: Hello LGBTQ,,, community ;) Fun fact! I am currently Karl, flopped in my bed of fluffy blankets, basking in LED lights, eating salt water taffies :)))) I hope you guys enjoyed this, if you would rather not have fillers like these let me know and ill work on keeping the story a good pace but not so much detail on the stuff that doesnt matter :)