Did I take a shower...?

Before I could really make sense of it, I felt two arms wrap around me from behind, where I'd been sitting near the edge of the bed and facing the headboard, and a chin rest overtop of my head. My body flinched in shock, but I soon recognized the comforting scent of musky lavender and Chrollo's soothing presence.

"There you are," I breathed, a smile turning up the edges of my lips. "Where were you?"

His rhythmic chuckle sounded close to my ear as he lowered his head to mine and pressed his lips to my jaw. Gently grabbing my wrists, he pinned my hands to my chest and leaned onto the bed with one knee.

"I was making breakfast," he murmured softly, exhaling warm air over my exposed skin and making me shiver. "I came upstairs to get you, my love—I wasn't sure how much time you would need to recover, so I didn't want to wake you up."

He doesn't seem affected anymore...

I hummed and shrugged, my smile widening. One of his hands shifted and trailed up to my neck, his palm covering my throat and his fingers gripping my jaw, lifting my head. Now, he was leaning over me, and I looked up into his pretty face, his wide, dark eyes glimmering mutedly, but focused.

"Hello, my (Y/n)," he whispered, his lips turning up gently.

"Hi, Chrollo," I sighed, feeling my tired eyes flutter closed. "When did you bring me back down?"

With a short kiss to my forehead, he nuzzled once again into the crook of my neck and shoulder, his hand wrapping more fully around my extended throat. I shivered as goosebumps traveled in prickly trails up my arms, which I discovered were now shrouded by a heavy sweatshirt.

Am I wearing any shorts? I wondered inwardly, but it felt like I was only wearing a pair of underwear beneath the sweater.

"Around midnight." Chrollo pressed his lips to my neck and spoke quietly, his velvety voice just a smooth vibration into my skin. "I hadn't realized you'd passed out—I probably would have, too, if the joint didn't keep me awake with so many thoughts. But you mumbled a lot in your sleep, so part of me assumed you were still conscious."

I nodded, comprehending, and his grip around my wrists tightened just barely, pressing me more securely to his chest.

"I think I took a shower in my sleep," I admitted pointedly. "My hair is damp, and I'm in different clothes."

I felt his mouth stretch out into a wide grin against my throat, and his abdomen trembled with soft laughter, but my still-lagging mind couldn't process at first what he would be finding funny.

Maybe he is still high.

"No, my love." He shook his head and guided my face to the side, looking into my sleepy eyes with amber-gray irises shining in amusement. "You didn't shower in your sleep—after I took you inside, your restlessness seemed to still, so I held you for a few hours and sat alone with my thoughts. I wasn't paying attention to how much time had passed, so when I saw sunlight, and how out of consciousness you still were, I helped you into the bath and washed your hair. I also changed your clothes and washed your others." His brows lowered for a moment, and an endearing concern lit up his gaze. "Are you feeling alright? I apologize, (Y/n)—had I been sober, I wouldn't have suggested that you share the joint with me, but that's hardly an excuse."

I blinked and tilted my head, narrowing my eyes in confusion. Even if he hadn't been drunk, I still would have wanted to try it—I enjoyed trying things like that with Chrollo. As long as I was with him, drunk or sober, I knew I was protected. But I felt my heart flutter, and a lopsided smile tugged at my lips in response to his sympathetic worry.