ˢᵒʲᵒᵘʳⁿ 14

Start from the beginning

"So..." Kina starts. And this is when you realize that you're probably not going to like what comes next.

"You and Haechan." As soon as the name comes out, you whip your head to her and physically shove her. She leers and rolls her eyes before wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

Resisting the desire to facepalm, you shake your head. "God. What is wrong with you. Of course not. Never in a million years."

"That's not what the entire school is saying." She raises one eyebrow and smirks cheekily. She stretches an entire arm, gesticulating to the tables of ladies chatting and eating lunch.

"God. What is wrong with people." You echo your previous phrase. "They're not even close to the truth at all."

"We've learned to tolerate each other for the time being for a free student council party. I don't understand how people can get it so wrong?" The end of your sentence arrives as a question instead of a statement.

Kina tuts her head at you, the strands of dark hair fluttering in motion. "If you can learn to tolerate each other... Why not like?" Kina flashes you a brilliant cognizant grin. "Haechan can't be that bad, right?"

Shooting her an ephemeral look, you purse your lips in disagreement. "Oh, he really is that bad," you counter. "He likes to steal the speaker cord to blast his shitty playlist when he's procrastinating. He has also spilled almost everything on top of my sweaters. And he also tries to scare me by turning off the lights in the middle of practice."

"Yeah, I don't think you can say he's not that bad," you sum up.

Kina giggles. "Aren't you into bad guys? Literally every girl on earth wouldn't be able to resist him." She edges you on. "Including me."

But you can clearly read the invisible speech bubble on top of her head: "but Lee Jeno is superior in my book."

You fake a puking motion. You may have spent too much time with Renjun on facetime for the past week (just catching up on a bunch of stuff that your hatred for Haechan prevented you from doing. Like socializing with your old best friends who are also his best friends who are coincidentally all male). Now you've been Renjun-ified. "You've got to be joking." You gape at her. "Liking and forgiving him would be like forgiving the bedpost for being in my way when I stub my toe. Yeah no."

(which considering the situation, really portrays your one-sided hatred really well that only you seem to be immersed in. sorry, i'll try to not chide you for that as an author :))

Kina laughs at your analogy. "It's so clear he has something for you." She chuckles, her food occupying her hands as she talks "He legit has heart eyes for you."

You're taken aback at her statement. "What?" You don't understand. You don't think you ever will. Haechan... Having heart eyes for you? That's like a funny satire joke.

"Yeah, you don't notice it?" Kina gawks at you, her mouth full of food as she had bitten into her pizza. It used to annoy you that she never closes her mouth when eating, but you've gotten used to it.

"No." You shrug at her.

"He literally stares at you as if you're his world. You know, the way that I wish Jeno would look at me like." She explains (in a terrible comparison).

"Um... Jeno does have heart eyes for you. But you're too busy obsessing over his fucking shoelaces to see it," you retort.

"Fuck you." She sneers.

"I'd fuck me too, thanks." You roll your eyes at her.

Though, she dismisses it right away, vetting the subject back on track. "Look," she says and points a finger to the building that contains the thousands of other boys in the same grade. "He lets you sleep on his lap, he catches you when you fall, and he passes you his sweater when you're cold and when he ruins yours. His fucking sweater." She lists down three things.

"He bought you egg tarts the other day just because you said you were craving for them. He drives you home because he, quote on quote, is worried you'll get lost on the way. He even helps you with the choreography for the upcoming dance event when you can't get it."

"Not only that, Haechan also carries around a chapstick for when you bite your lips. For your habits. He even FaceTime calls you to play PUBG with his mates and his favourite game, Overwatch. And he washes your jacket every time he does spill something on it. Does that not scream 'I'm in love with y/l/n y/n and would do anything for her'?" She finishes her ted talk breathlessly.

Dumbfounded, you tap your fingers along the border of the table. Because you and Kina felt like it today, you're both sitting outside and eating lunch. "How do you even know about that all?"

Kina's disappointed, to say the least. "You told me over the phone a few days ago."

You are completely baffled.

"Haechan liking me?" You blow air out of your mouth. "You're out of your mind. He does not like me and never will."

"Then what do you call whatever he's been doing?" Kina exaggeratedly whisper screams at you. "He doesn't do that for anyone else!"

"Uh... Earning forgiveness?" you suggest.

Despairing in disdain, Kina sways her head side to side at you. "Because he likes you," she says. "So do you like him?"

You're not sure why she's so adamant and confident that Haechan has an immediate liking to you. For one, you're pretty sure he doesn't. And for two, it's quite impossible to.

But her question stirs something from you. It's a strange quirking of the hurricanes of butterflies in your stomach. It causes whirling storms on coasts in your mind. It leaves you dyspneal; breathless.

Yet somehow, the answer leaves your grasp before you can clutch it tighter.

"Yeah, I think I do."

And now you're sure there are going to be more than just implications lined up.

don't worry, y/n's just being dramatic for the sake of the ending :D this book could basically be pure fluff for the sake of it dshfjhsldfk