3. The unfriendly giant

The scent of strawberry, chocolate, cheese, vanilla, and other various flavors of cake floated in the air of the bakery in which you and Saitama dined in. "These [flavor] cakes are delicious! Especially with the caramel-dipped cherries topping them!" You squealed like a little girl meeting her idol, smiling as the spoon of your favorite flavored cake stuffed your mouth full.

"Really? I don't really think they're much..." Saitama replied, taking small bites of his plate of pudding. "Whaaa?" Your body turned a ghostly white in response to what he said. "No way! You should definitely try it!" You shoved your plate towards him.

"You mean try what's left of it?" The plate was completely licked clean, nothing left but the small stem of the cherry you bit. "O-oh... Sorry..." Your cheeks dusted pink. "And our last order is coming up.... I'm lucky they were having a sale because they just opened."

"Excuse me, milady?" The waiter 'ahem'ed, grabbing your attention. "The triple banana split topped with [toppings] has arrived." He set the desired desert on the table. "Ring me when you want to collect your bill." And with that, he went back to receiving orders from other patrons and the like, not before directing a wink your way. One that went unnoticed by you, for your attention was set on the delight before your eyes, but not by your bald headed companion.

"This cherry reminds me of your-"

"Don't say it." Saitama cut you off before you could finish that sentence. "Aw, you're no fun." You whined playfully. "But anyways, how did you go from...." You raised your left hand up, as of upholding an image of Saitama 3 years ago. "To..." As your other hand raised, he put the pieces together. "Well, it's not much of an exciting story..." He said as he scratched his neck.

"I don't care. I havent seen you in 3 years after that whole Crablante mess. Tell me what happened!" You urged him on, waving your spoon in his face. "Alright. But don't blame me if you fall asleep." He said as he started to explain the heroic tales of how he not only became bald, but the strongest man in the world.

"—And then after all my training I eventually grew bald and could knock out anyone or thing with a single punch." He finished. "You've changed a lot, Sai. I'm impressed. Good job!" You smiled. "Eh, not really. I can't really feel much. Pain, pleasure, anger... It all sort of slipped from my emotions." He put his chin into his palm, taking bites out of the banana split as you did. "Is that so, huh?" You tilted your head, in thought. "Does that mean you meeting me means nothing to you?"

"Hey, hey. Nothing like that." Saitama put an ease to your worries. "It's more complicated than just not really feeling much. Back then when I was a kid, I wanted to be the strongest man alive. And that's what I became. But now that I am, " He looked at his fist and clenched it. "It doesn't seem like anything special to me. Ending battles in a single blow gets annoying, it really takes the climax out of things, get it?" You nodded to him. "Yeah. It sounds like a real bother." The memory of what occurred a few weeks back seemed to resurface itself. "I feel empty."

"Like your spoon?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Then maybe you need something sweet, " You took a scoop of the treat in front of you, handing him the spoon. "To fill that void of yours." He took a bite out of it, finding that the banana split tasted better than he last eaten it. A part of his body led to believe that it was due to him seeing you in a completely different light. "So, whaddya say?" You grinned cheekily. "Shall I be that missing ingredient?"

But before Saitama could deliver an answer to your question, a large thump traversed through the ground, leading to a massive earthquake in its wake. "Huh?" You and him questioned in unison, staring outside the glass windows. "What was that?" Outside seemed to be a swarm of civilians flooding from the left to the right in a sure panic. Their screams of terror could be heard from inside the bakery. "The citizens are going haywire..."