1. to the rescue

It was a peaceful afternoon within Japan. Looking outside the glass panes of the window, you hummed to yourself in deep thought. Buildings disappeared and repeated from your sight at a quickened pace, and birds flew by almost catching up to the speed of the train. The slow rocking from here and there put an ease at your mind, allowing you to think without worry and lay your head against the window. It was so tranquil that you let your eyes shut to rnjoy the lasting moment....

Until an explosion occurred.

It was so quick that you didn't process anything in your brain but the annoying ringing that didn't hold any intention of ceasing. You released a pained groan, luggishly pulling your body off the ground. The first thing you did was knock your palm against the side of your head to get yourself to focus properly. As the constant beeping your mind finally died down, screams of fright and terror as well as an intercom going off entered your ears.

"Evacuate the city, a Demon threat level is roaming. Evacuate the city, a Demon threat level is roaming."

It was bound to give you a headache, but you were thankfully resistant to those types of things. Slowly gaining sight of the settings around you, you found there to be people running around like ants and yelling notes so high that you probably wouldn't hit.

They scattered all over the place. The skies had been dyed a crimson color instead of the baby blue hue and buildings everywhere were devastated to nothing more than rubble. Whatever just happened, it was disastrouss.

A stark contrast to the serene sight of earlier with you staring out the window happily.

The city simply reeked of the smell of death and destruction all around. While the inhabitants ran in various multiple directions, you caught a glance of a man stuck underneath a bunch of eroded debris, struggling at his hardest to pull his leg out. And looming above him, just threatening to fall and crush the man, was a giant platform of staggering bricks. You could tell by looking at it that one strong enough gust of wind, and it would topple over and he'd meet his demise then and there.

Out of instinct, you dashed over to assist the man. Immediately crouching down and extending your hand, you yelled "Take it!" to which he did without a moments haste. Yet, no matter how hard you pulled, he wouldn't budge an inch. "Tch. Damn..." You cursed under your breath, crawling over to the pile of rocks that trapped him.

One by one, you pulled the smaller chunks of earth off first and then got to the bigger pieces. The action resulted fruitful because the man's leg was lying on the ground dormant in your eyesight. However, the damage done was more than evident, as you found that his ankle was twisted in a way that you were positive no humans leg was supposed to be. Oh how you cringed at the sight.

"It's okay, it's okay. I've got you." It was a slightly difficult feat, pulling the man to his feet, but you managed. Sure there were a few wines, but your reassurance made things a bit less painful for him. "Easy now..." The arm that he had wrapped around your neck as means of support while he limped seemed to have tightened, as you noticed by the slight increase of pressure. "I'll get you somewhere safe. Just bear with m-"

Cutting your solacing words was another ebullition, this time much mightier than the last. It had enough strength alone to lift you and the man up into the air, sent crashing into the glass of a 13-story high office apartment. You, clenching the man tight within your hold to ensure he doesn't get hurt much more than he already is, rolled into a wall and released a wail of pent up anguish. "D-damn that hurts...!" The man fell from your grasp and desperately inhaled for the wind that was so harshly knocked out of his lungs. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Are you alright!?" You dithered. "Yeah, don't worry about it..." He waves his hand dismissively, a pop in his wrist sounding as he hastily clutched it in pain.