Chapter 3- A friend

Start from the beginning

Atsumu looked at Kita with a small smile. 'It's probably because I wasn't able to be childish when I was little. I just felt like I wasn't wanted. I'm probably acting like this now for the bits of my childhood that I never had. Probably because you're being nice to me.'  thought Atsumu.

"Anyways, why don't you get along with your brother?" asked Kita.

"I-I don't exactly know when it started to happen. It just happened somewhere in our relationship I guess." said Atsumu.

"So you don't even know the cause of it? I can't really help with anything if you don't even know then." said Kita.

"Huh? Help me? Why would you want to help me fix my relationship with my brother?" asked Atsumu.

"To make it up to you. You know, the accident this morning." said Kita.

"Oh, I've told you many times before, you don't need to repay me. Besides, you're already repaying me right now." said Atsumu.

"What do you mean by that? What am I doing right now to repay you?" asked Kita confused.

"You're being nice to me and talking to me. Normally others wouldn't bother with me and just go to my brother. He easily gets popular and he's talented. I didn't have friends before so I had no one to talk to." explained Atsumu.

"That's true since I saw your brother surrounded by people even though it's you guy's first day. In the past you were alone but now, you have a friend who's not going to leave you for your brother." said Kita with a small smile.

"Kita-senpai......I hope you really meant what you said." said Atsumu looking up at the sky.

"I do. You won't be lonely anymore from now on because you have me." said Kita.

"Thanks.....My first friend after years of being lonely." said Atsumu.

"Hey Atsumu." said Kita looking at Atsumu.

"Yeah Kita-senpai?" asked Atsumu looking at Kita.

"Do you like volleyball?" asked Kita.

"Yeah I love it! I played volleyball in middle school." replied Atsumu.

Memories of his matches in middle school flowed through his head. None of them made him happy. It was just about people cheering for his older brother not paying him any mind. It was all about his team proud and celebrating with his brother while he was left there in the background trying to keep a smile on his face.

"Really!? What position did you play?" asked Kita.

"I played as a setter." answered Atsumu.

"Cool. Do you wan to come to volleyball practice with me after school? I'm in the volleyball team." asked Kita.

"Sure!" replied Atsumu.

Time skip*

Atsumu got his stuff and walked towards the exit of the maths classroom. The bell just rang and it's not home time. Atsumu walked out and saw that Kita was waiting for him next to the classroom door.

"Hey tsumu let's go." said Osamu.

"Sorry but I'm going to borrow your brother." said Kita putting his arm around Atsumu's neck(don't forget Kita is taller than Atsumu and Osamu in this fanfic).

"Firstly who are you and why are you touching my brother like that?" asked Osamu.

"Samu it's fine it's in a friendly manor and I'm going with him so go home first." said Atsumu.

Time skip*

It took a while to convince Osamu but they successfully did it and went to Kita's volleyball practice. Luckily, the other members didn't mind someone watching so Atsumu was allowed to watch. Kita started his practice then the captain and the members including Kita came to Atsumu in the middle of practice.

"So Kita told me that you played setter in middle school." said the captain.

"Yes I did senpai." said Atsumu.

"How about a game with us?" asked the captain.

"Are you sure it's ok? I'm not in the volleyball team right now." said Atsumu.

"Yeah it's ok. The recruiting is next week but if you show us how good you are today we'll let you join and give you our team jersey tomorrow. It's our club so we're allowed to do that. You're an exception." explained the captain.

"Really!? Thank you senpai." said Atsumu bowing.

"Don't thank me. Thank Kita. He's the one who asked me." said the captain.

"Kita-senpai..." said Atsumu looking at Kita.

"You heard him so get your volleyball shoes on and let's play. I saw the shoes in your bag." said Kita slapping Atsumu in the back.

Atsumu made the team surprised by how he played. he got complimented at the end of the match and they said they accept him and he'll get their team jersey the next day.

Atsumu and Kita left last and saw it was pretty late in the afternoon.

"Bye Kita-senpai. Thank you for what you did today." said Atsumu.

"Don't thank me. Your eyes said that you loved playing volleyball a lot. Well, or at least when you mentioned playing and not your team in middle school. Now, you'll have a team that will support you and won't let you down. Plus, that was the favor I owed." said Kita.

"Well thanks anyways. I'm going to go home now."s aid Atsumu.

"Wait." said Kita.

"Are you just going to walk home?" asked Kita.

"Yeah." replied Atsumu.

"It's getting pretty late. I'll give you a ride home." said Kita.

"You don't have to. You'll get home late if you give me a ride home." said Atsumu.

"It's already late it doesn't matter just get on Atsu." said Kita .

Atsumu felt happy that Kita gave him a nickname because it meant that they were close.

"Alright. Sorry to bother you." said Atsumu getting on the Kita's bike his hands wrapping around Kita's waist.

To be continued...

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you like the chapter.

!DISCLAIMER: Haikyu!! does not belong to me!