"I have some unfortunate news about your father."

Suddenly I felt my heart beat ten times faster.

"He has...passed away," he looked down as my eyes filled with tears.

"W-what? How?"

"He- I'd rather not say. But he left this note for you."
Dumbledore seemed disturbed, he handed me the note.

"Thank you professor, anything else?" My voice cracked as the tears fell down my face.

"No dear, that's all. I'm terribly sorry."

I sniffled and walked out of his office. I looked to the right of the door and saw Draco waiting for me.

I ignored him and fast walked towards the common room.

"Hey wait, where are you-

He grabbed my arm and spun me around. His eyes examined my puffy red face.

"Are you okay-

I took my arm out of his grip and walked away. He surprisingly didn't follow. When I got to my room I slammed my door shut and slowly slid down it. I held my head in my hands with my knees to my chest.

I sobbed as the rain knocked against the windows.

L͟A͟T͟E͟R͟:

I had missed all of my classes except for first period.

For hours I laid on my bed, on my back and just stared at the ceiling.

I no longer felt anything. In fact, I felt completely numb.

I still had the letter in my hand. I opened it and read it.

'𝑀𝑦 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑌/𝑛.
𝐼 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑚𝑠 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑙𝑒𝑦, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝐼 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝐼 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑎 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑜𝑢𝑡. 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑎 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑑𝑎𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑒𝑟. 𝐴𝑙𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑠𝑛'𝑡 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑠𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑎 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑓𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟. 𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑚𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒. 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑣𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑 𝑚𝑦 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑟. 𝐹𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑜𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑖𝑡. 𝐼 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑚𝑦 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡. 𝐼 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑑𝑎𝑦, 𝑤𝑒 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛.
-𝐷𝑎𝑑 '

I felt my heart drop as I read the letter. It was stained with a few blood drops on it.

For some reason, I still felt nothing.

5͟:͟3͟0͟ P͟M͟:

It was going to be dinner soon. I wasn't hungry in the slightest, I didn't plan on going either.

I stayed in my room alone trying to grasp the entire situation. 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘯𝘰 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 ? I said it over and over in my head. I still couldn't believe it.

9͟:͟3͟0͟PM:

Most of the students had already been in their rooms. After I was done taking a shower I went to the couch downstairs. I sat on the floor in front of the fire with the letter crumpled up in my hand.