5

El waited til it was around dinner time to talk to Mike. She sighed nervously before pulling on his sleeve. He was having a conversation with Dustin, who had just gotten back from walking Lucas to his house. He turned to her.

"Can we go... take a walk before dinner starts?" El asked him. He nodded before turning to Dustin.

"I'll be back, anyways I'm sure Suzie just has bad reception because of the snow. Bye." He said as he locked arms with El and stared walking away.

"Bye." Dustin replied before getting up and going to see Will, who was sitting outside. El and Mike put on their coats and started walking around the neighborhood in silence.

"Why so quiet?" Mike suddenly said.

"I have to ask you something." El responded.

"Yes?" Mike said as they continued walking on.

"Do you... have feelings for Will?" El asked. Mike stopped walking.

"Did... did Will tell you something?" Mike asked. El sighed.

"No. Umm... actually... when me and Max were spying on people... we spied on you." El started. "I know you hate when we spy on you, but I was drunk and I wasn't thinking straight."

"So... you saw me... confess?" Mike said turning to her. He didn't seem mad, just scared.

"Yes... also I could sort of tell." she responded.

"You could?" Mike replied

"Yes. I know you love him... and thats why I think we should end things here. No hard feelings or anything just go back to being friends." El responded with a soft reassuring smile.

"... Is it because I'm gay?" Mike replied with a slight smile. El laughed.

"So we're good?" She asked. Mike smiled hugging El.

"Of course." Mike replied. El let go.

"Also... I think you should talk to Will. Not to embarrass you or anything buttttt he definitely remembers what you said." She responded. Mike sighed.

"I know he remembers." He stated as they both locked arms and started walking again, "I can tell. But when should I talk to him?"

"Tonight. I know it might be too soon for you but it'll stop him from being so anxious around you." El replied.

"Okay. Tonight." Mike responded. They turned around and walked back to the house.
--------------------------------

After dinner, Mike approached Will.

"Hey uhh... I need to talk to you." Mike started, "Can we go outside?" Will felt anxious and scared.

"Uh... sure?" Will replied. Trying his best to act confused.

They got about a block away from the house before Mike spoke up.

"Me and El broke up." Mike said looking down. Wills mind froze as he looked at Mike.

"Are you okay?" Will asked.

"Yeah we're still friends." Mike said trying to make small talk. There was a silence for a moment.

"Well that's good." Will replied. Suddenly Mike stopped and turned to Will.

"I know you remember last night." Mike said quickly. Will froze.

"What? W-What about last night?" Will responded nervously.

"Please stop acting like nothing happened." Mike said a bit sadly. Will sighed.

"Yeah. You were drunk. It's okay." Will said and instantly regretting it. Why was he trying to push this away?

"Will, I meant what I said. Though... now I know that I mean it much m-more." Mike said. Will turned to him and could tell that he was pretty much holding back tears. "I-I love you. I've loved you for so long. God I was trying so hard to push it away that I lied about liking El. But I can't push it away anymore." Mike yelled a bit. At this point tears were falling down his face. Will felt his heart pounding. He didn't even know what to say.

"Mike... stop crying." Will said suddenly. Mike looked up at him. Will smiled, not knowing how else to show his feelings, before pulling Mike into a hug. "I like you too." Mike was wide eyed, before sobbing into Wills shoulder.

"Oh my God." Mike said happily. Will pulled away. Will used his thumb to wipe away Mike's tears as they stared into eachothers eyes.

"We should go back to your house and talk about this." Will said breaking the silence. Mike nodded. Will held Mike's hand and turned around. They got to Mike's house and  went up to Mike's room. Mike locked the door behind them and Will sat on the bed.

"Alright. Let's talk about... you know." Will said as Mike sat next to him.

"So does this mean we're... dating?" Mike asked scooting closer to Will.

"I mean... I don't know I've never dated anyone before." Will replied. "And I honestly don't think I'm ready for one." Mike was quiet.

"I understand." Mike started, "I'll wait for you til you're ready." Mike held Will's hand smiling softly. Will remembered that time Mike had held his hand on his bed when all those things were happening to him. He pulled away as Mike looked at him in confusion.

"S-sorry, that just kind of brings back bad memories." Will said trying his best to smile. Mike frowned.

"Oh yeah I remember that. Sorry." Mike responded apologetically. Will turned to Mike.

"I think we should go to sleep now." Wilk said a bit awkwardly. Mike smiled.

"Yeah." Mike started, "Can I hug you?"
Will smiled before nodding in response. Mike put his arms around Will's waist and rested his chin on Will's shoulder. Will hugged him back slowly. They hugged for a long time until they heard a small knock at the door. They quickly pulled away from the hug as the door was unlock from the outside. Will sighed in relief realizing it was only El. She opened the door slightly.

"Hey, Mike, did you tell him yet?" She asked quietly. Will giggled a bit.

"Yes." Mike said awkwardly. El smiled.

"Yay. Good night guys." El said walking towards them and hugging them both. She walked out locking the door behind her. Will turned to Mike and smiled.

"I need to go get dressed." Will said as he grabbed the clothes he folded on his bed and standing up. Mike nodded.

"I'll get dressed in here." Mike said smiling. Will left the room and walked to the bathroom and locked the door.

"Did that seriously just happen?" He asked himself repeatedly as he got dressed. He walked back to the room to see Mike already laying down. Will turned off the lights and laid down next to Mike.

"Goodnight." He said before turning away from Mike. Mike suddenly wrapped his arms around Will's waist.

"Is this okay?" He asked. Will felt his nervousness ease down when he asked that. Will nodded. "Okay, just making sure, goodnight." Mike responded as he closed his eyes.

To be continued...