1. the earth resets

🦆 Sorry I'll be missing the big show today, my mom'll be calling from her trip in space today.

🦁 It's fine. Just tell her I said hi.

🦆 I've got to go now.

🦆 I'll be cheering you on from here, kay?

🦁 I'd want nothing more.

🦆 Oh, and make sure to put my good luck charm to use. I want to see it on you when I tune in after school.

🦁 You have my word.

🦁Bye now.

🦆Bye!<3

“[NAME], SENKU!” A voice boomed, almost blowing the both of your ears out. If it hadn't been for the overbearing volume of the voice, you almost wouldn't have recognized the owner as Taiju Oki. He was a friend of yours since way back. Always helpful, always there, and always... ALWAYS....

Loud.

“I'VE FINALLY DECIDED TO TELL YUZURIHA HOW I FEEL AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!”

That's nice and all Taiju, but if you could quiet down by just a bit...’ You thought to yourself, eyes darting downwards at your phone screen, which had thankfully not been cracked when you dropped it in your temporary shock. “Ohhh, is that so?” The president of the science club, Senku, audibly mused with disinterest evident. “I'll cheer for you until my vocal chords pop out of my throat, right here from this chemistry lab.” He lied through frowning teeth. “OHHH!? REALLY? THANK YOU SENKU!!!” Taiju screamed his thanks, the volume of his voice denser than his brain. “Shut up. I have zero intentions of cheering you on, you big oaf.” “WHICH SIDE ARE YOU ON!?” The leek-headed scientist deadpanned at his best friends idiocy.

“Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm cheering for you.”You consoled with a wry smile, patting the brunete's back. “Though don't expect me to scream my lungs out.”

“REALLY!? YOU'RE THE BEST, [NAME]!!!” Taiju scooped you in his arms and proceeded to spin you around, which put you in a round of momentary dizziness. “Haha, thanks... But don't you think waiting all this time is a bit, well, prolonged?”

“I think the word you're looking for is ‘illogical’, [Name].” Senku chimed “Completely illogical at that. But I have something that *is* logical.” With that said, the teenager whiped out a small glass flask, brandishing the liquid contents inside by shaking it around. “It maximizes your full pheromone secretion, and is 10 billion percent guranteed to work in succession.”

“It's a love potion!”

It's totally not.’ You said to yourself.

Taiju took hold of the flask, eyeing it carefully.

He dumped it out. “Thanks Senku, but I can't accept this sham.” And just like the modest hearted oaf he was, he rejected it without a trace of doubt. The entire flask was emptied into a spare sink, all the contents never to be seen again. “I'll tell her under the camphor tree... All fair and square!” And with that, he fled the lab with the speed of a cheetah. That was the Taiju you all knew and love. “Hey, Senku,” One bespectacled member of the club piped up. “Was that thing an actual love potion?”

“As if.” You answered on behalf of the club leader, tossing a lit match into the sink. The liquid was soon coated in a raging blaze, all signs of wanting and desire of the ‘love potion’ from the club members being wiped completely off their faces. “It was just gasoline, constructed from bottle caps.”