Chapter One: Face to face

COPYRIGHT © Melissaxoxo, 2011

Chapter One: Face to face:

Beep Beep Beep. The sound of the alarm clock woke me up. The thought of getting up, made my bed feel so much more cozy. After a couple seconds of me realizing that I was already late, I dragged myself out of bed, and walked into the bathroom. I shrieked in horror of what I looked like. There was no way that I was going to school looking like I had jumped into my trash can. I had about an hour. So let's see, Shower and make-up, half an hour, hair, twenty minutes. I trailed my finger along in the air, while trying to work out the calculations.

--

So, I was ten minutes late, no biggie, right? I won't lie, I ran. Fast. As I slammed my locker door shut, a familiar face stood there behind it. It was Brian.

"Marissa, Where were you yesterday? We were supposed to go down to the city, and I was waiting for an hour." He said in a slightly upset tone. We've been dating for six months, and the last two have been nothing but, upset. Brian has some 'home' situations, in which he can't even call it his home anymore. He never wants to be there. Brian's mom, Ms. Teralyn, is in a very emotional state right now. Brian's dad is now serving jail time, for commiting the murder of a father. He was drunk, but thats not an excuse, and it could not go ignored.

"Oh my god." I said quickly. "I'm so sorry. I was up all night studying, and I have a huge test today, it completley slipped my mind."

COPYRIGHT © Melissaxoxo, 2011

"Don't let it become a habit." He huffed as he walked away. Strange as it is, he sounded like my father when I recieved my last report card. He know's everything I've been going through, so he only grounded me for a week, but his final words on the matter were "Don't let it become a habit."

"I don't know why your still with him, if he makes you feel like your nothing." Rae said. Rae Comoskic is my best friend and has been ever since Robby Grangor, broke my heart in the 7th grade. Of course, the relationship didn't mean much, we barely knew anything about loving each other. But, she befriended me in the bathroom while I was crying. I had no friends left, they all hated me for choosing Robby over them, so she was the one I confided in from then on.

"But do you think it's right, to break up with him, while all of this is going on in his life"

"It's hard to tell. When is it really a good time to break u-"

"Marissa, we need to talk."

And there it was. The four most intense words that could ruin a relationship in a matter of seconds.

"I'm in the middle of something Brian, can it wait?"

"It's kind of important." He whined back.

I took him over to the end of the hall where nobody could over hear us.

"What."

"Maris, you know I love you, and I would do anything for you. But with all of this going on in my life, I don't want to drag you into it."

"Your not dragging me into anything. I want and need to be there for yo-" I said to him, and I meant it.

"No. Just stop and listen to me. You heard your dad, one more bad mark on your report card, and we're over. All of your grades dropping are because of me, and if I keep seeing you, your never going to get into college."

"But I'm just trying to help." I said clearly. "I love you too, and I have for the past six months, are you really going to throw all of that away. I'm the only person that can help you through this, have you seen your mom, she's a total mess."

"Riss, your making this really hard for me." He said. "When all of this clears up, we can talk, but right now, I can't even look at you, without feeling guilty for all that I have put you through. Your boyfriend is the son of a murderer."

"Fine." I spoke softly. "If this is the way that it has to be, I guess, I'll move on. But don't expect me to come crawling back to you when all of this is over because once I've moved on. There's one final question here. "Are you sure you want to go through with this."

"I'm sorry it has to be this way." He said to me as he pulled me in for a hug. I pulled away, and managed to say "me too" before the tears started to fall from my eyes.

COPYRIGHT © Melissaxoxo, 2011

______________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: So, what do you guys think? Should I continue with this one, or should I just forget about it. Comment, and vote! Let me know! Thanks sooooooo much. <3