Battle Training Continues!

Start from the beginning

Iida hummed, "Is it because it means Cremation? It works well to describe his power."

"Well, yes and no. He did come up with Dabi because it meant Cremation. But he thought of it way before he even wanted to become a hero again," Shoto said, kicking over a small rock on the sidewalk. "He told us that he originally chose that name to rename himself when he was in a bad state of mind. It was before... Endeavor... was taken care of. He wanted to reclaim the name as something good. That's why he is known as the Rising Ashes Hero: Dabi. It's a reference to the ashes of the Phoenix. Like a new beginning."

"That's a beautiful story for his hero name origin," Izuku softly nodded his head.

They continue to talk mindlessly about what the two were doing at school and what Izuku learned that day. Eventually, they reach the ice cream shop and begin to look at the overhead menu to see what they could get.

"I think I will get my dad something," Izuku mumbled, looking up at what he could potentially get. Maybe get a small pint to go and Shoto can freeze it so it doesn't melt while they are on the way back.

"Would he like anything here?"

Izuku glanced down at the flavors shown through the glass, "There are matcha flavor and one that has more of a black tea flavor. I feel like he would like those. And I'll get the cotton candy flavor and vanilla"

"I think I'll get the pineapple and orange flavor in a milkshake," Iida said as he looked up at the menu. "What about you, Shoto?"

"Hmm," Shoto hummed. He surveyed the cold glad to look at the ice cream in the tubs. "I think I'll have a scoop of the Sakura flavor and a scoop of red bean. I want to get one of those dipped waffle cones with it."

They all ordered at the register with the worker right behind the counter who was very nice. She even brought up a charity that they were collecting donations for. So each of them donated about 500 yen towards the charity. And the bonus to that was having their names written done in kanji on small paper hearts to show how many people have donated on the far wall of the ice cream shop.

They thought nothing of it as their names were displayed as they waited for each of their orders to be made.

"Hey, dude. Check it out," one of the other customers was looking at the wall while his companion was playing a game on their phone. "One of the names is Deku. Who would name their actual child useless?"

Shoto's face scrunched up in confusion while Izuku froze in his talk with Iida.

The customer shrugged, "Heh. Maybe the kid is quirkless or something.

"Dude, don't say that in public," his companion commented, not looking up from his phone.

"What? It's not like that dude is here or anything. Plus, it's not like quirkless people are still around. I bet that 20 percent of the population are just really old people by now."

Shoto was slowly growing agitated by their words. He went to stand up from the table they were waiting at, but Izuku placed his hand over Shoto's left shoulder. "Don't, Sho-Chan. They aren't worth it."

Shoto looked back at the two as they went to go order their ice cream. They had entered after the others had donated, so they didn't know that Izuku was the one they were poking fun at.

Once their orders were ready, they thanked the worker and left calmly even though Izuku's friends wanted to go back and truly educate the other two customers in the shop.

"Izuku..."

Izuku starts to chuckle as they continue walking more slowly than they had before.

"You know, the main reason I want to become a hero is to make a difference. To make a difference so nobody has to worry about their quirk."