Weird Dreams,Again

Start from the beginning

The other boy just shrugged and took off. The girls and boys waited, looking around. "Hey guys? I don't see anything, but maybe-" The girls looked at each other. "J-D? Did you see anything? " Kylie asked. But J-D didn't respond. There was just silence.

Percy wanted to scream to them they had to run, but he couldn't move or speak. Only watch. The boys were still laughing, but looked uncomfortable. The girls were screaming J-D's name , but didn't get any response.

" Damn it! I'm going to look" the girl with the red hair said. Kylie gripped her arm. "No! Please Holly, don't! What if it's something dangerous? Like a wild animal? What if it killed them and is going to kill you to"? Holly rolled her eyes. "I don't think so. And we have to help. They might need us".

Kylie tried to pull her back. "Maybe. But we didn't get any response. What if they are already dead? And that thing, whatever it is, killed them"?

Holly sighed and released her arm. "Calm down Kylie. It was probably just a wild animal. And if they didn't respond, it means they need our help. So I will go and take a look. Just stay and wait for my signal".

Kylie bit her lip and nodded, looking really scared. The boys just stood there, looking in the direction J-D had gone. "Just be careful, all right"? Kylie said. Holly smiled and nodded. They hugged each other, before Holly walked away.

Percy wanted to warn them again, but he still couldn't move or speak. The girl and boys just waiting, looking all very nervous. They finally understood something was wrong.

They heard another growl. "Holly! get back here" Kylie said, looking around. "No! I'm almost there and- " There was silence. Kylie and the boys looked at each other, really nervous. The boys took a step back. "Holly"? Kylie asked, shivering. "Holly, where-" "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" they heard. It was Holly, screaming.

It went on for some time, while the boys just stood there and Kylie looked really shocked and scared. "Holly"! she yelled, starting to walk towards the screaming. "No! We have to get out of here. It's too late Kylie, we can't help anymore" Antonio said, gripping her arm. "B-but Holly" Kylie said, with tears in her eyes. "Holly can't be saved anymore. We have to save ourselves" the other boy said.

"Run"! Right then, the screaming stopped and another growl was heard. Percy saw a big shadow heading their way, coming closer. The boys looked at each other and started running, dragging Kylie with them. Percy wanted to help them, but couldn't.

Somehow, he knew they wouldn't reach the exit anymore. He saw a blur and suddenly, Kylie was thrown through the air. She didn't even have time to scream.

The boys turned around, looking scared and confused. They obviously hadn't noticed the 'shadow'. The shadow became visible, a big, ugly beast. Percy recognized him. It was the same creature who had killed his friends in his dreams. The monster Artemis and he were hunting.

Percy looked away when the monster attacked, ripping the boys apart. Percy heard them scream, but still couldn't move. The monster turned, walking toward the unconscious girl. "No"! Percy tried to scream, but still couldn't. He wanted to jump in front of her and help, but couldn't. He still could only watch.

The monster was really close, he picked Kylie up and... Percy woke up. Someone was looking down at him, her face full of worry.

It took Percy a few moments to realize it was Artemis. She had thrown water over him. He was wet, not only because of the water but because he had been sweating. "No.." he whispered.

Artemis kneeled down. She put her hand on his shoulder. "What is wrong, Percy? I awoke because you were screaming. It took me a very long time to wake you".

Percy swallowed, remembering his dream. That horrible dream. But what it made even more horrible, was that he knew it was real. It had happened or was about to happen.

"Percy? Tell me what's wrong. Maybe I can help" Artemis said. She looked really worried. After he told her about the dream , she looked even more worried.

She had asked him to describe the place a few times. "I know that place" she said. Percy frowned. "How? I barely know how it looks, how do you know where it is". "This isn't a big island and there are only a few caves. Only one of them is open for tourists. We have to go there, maybe we will find the monster and save some people".

Percy nodded and quickly changed his clothes. He washed himself, enjoying the cool water. When he was ready, he took a deep breathe and ran towards the car.

Artemis was already behind the wheel and the camp was cleaned. He jumped into the car, wanting to get to the cave as fast as possible.

Artemis immediately started driving, starting a race against the clock. She looked at him. "Do you think it was happening while you dreamt it or is about to happen"? she asked him. Percy shook his head. "I don't know. It could have happened already, but I think it was happening".

Artemis nodded. "Then we might be able to save them". The rest of the time, they were just driving.

Percy was really worried; he remembered the teenagers. At least two of them were dead. Probably all of them , if it really was happening right now. Or maybe only the girl was alive. But not for long. The monster was attacking her, ready to tear her apart, in his dream. There wouldn't be much left. Maybe some bones.

What an horrible idea Percy thought. We have to be on time. Save at least one of them , spare them that. Why didn't they run? They should have runned. It could have saved their life.

Percy kept seeing their terrified faces, hearing their screams during the drive. When they finally stopped, he was really nausious. Not just from the drive, but from the images.

"Come on! We have to search it. The monster might be inside". Percy nodded and got out the car. Artemis looked at him. "Are you all right? You look deadly pale".

Percy tried to smile at her. " I'm fine. Just a little nausious. That's all".

Artemis walked towards him and put her hand on his forehead. "Are you sure? You feel really warm and-" "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" She was interrupted by the sound. It sounded like a screaming girl.

Percy and Artemis looked at each other. "Run"! Artemis yelled, already running towards the sound. " We have to help!" Percy ran behind her, riptide in his hand.

They ran towards the cave; Percy recognized it. It was the cave from his dream. The girl had stopped screaming. Which probably meant she was dead.

Percy and Artemis looked one more time at each other and went inside the cave. To end up in hell.