"Mr D, I'm reallly really sorry" Mr D smiled. "You are sorry... Where are you sorry about? The way you look"? A few campers laughed. Percy tensed, but didn't react. "No, I'm sorry about that I insulted you. I shouldn't have". A silence followed ; would mr D accept Percy's apology? Or would he blast him to pieces?

Mr D smile grew wider. "Aha, very good. Of course it was a misunderstanding. How could anyone think things like that about me" Percy sighed. "Yeah, sure. You're great" He turned around, to discuss what to do now. Only mr D wasn't done with him. He coughed. Percy turned towards him. "So what am i"? Mr D said, with a wicked smile. Percy frowned; he didn't understand. "What you really meant to say. You know, you are awesome. Things like that." Mr D explained, smiling.

Percy clutched his fists and forced himself to say something nice. "You are awesome. The best god ever". Mr D grinned. "I know I am, you don't have to tell me. Just don't ever forget. Chiron, please continue with whatever you were doing" With that said, mr D disappeared. All campers sighed, relieved he was gone. They all focused on Chiron again. He coughed.

"Right. So Percy, I suggest you go and pack your stuff. We will meet each other in my cabin in half an hour" Chiron motioned to everyone to continue their work. "Ehhm Chiron"? Percy said. "Yes, anything you want to say before you leave, Percy"? "More like a question. Where do I have to go"? Chiron paused; thinking about that. "Hmm, well that's a good question. Were do you have to go"?

Again, it was one of the Athena campers who found the answer to this difficult question. "Wait, you said that the victims were all made in the same area, right"? This camper, called Gyan, said. "Yes! So if we just send Percy to that area, he can investigated and follow the tracks. That will lead him to the creature, I'm sure" One of his siblings, Aldo, spoke enthusiastic.

Chiron nodded. "This makes sense. Percy, go pack anything you might need. In half an hour, I will meet you and tell you your destination. The rest of you, go back to the reinforcements. We will need to be ready" All the campers disappeared, talking.

Percy went to his cabin. When he opened the door of his cabin, he saw Tyson wasn't there. He probably was working on weapons with the Hephaestus cabin. He took a few shirts and threw them in his backpack. He also packed some Ambrosia and Nectar. He was just thinking about the other stuff that would come in handy, when the door opened.

He expected to see Chiron, or maybe Tyson or Grover, but it was Annabeth. "Annabeth! What are you doing here"? Percy asked, shocked. He had totally forgotten about her. She hadn't said much, not even when mr D insulted her mother. She looked worried and uncomfortable.

"I just wanted to say goodbye and wish you luck" She said, so soft he almost didn't hear her. "Ok, but you're not even allowed to be here. It is against camp rules for a boy and a girl to be in a cabin, alone" Annabeth smiled. "I got permission, because you're going on a quest. Chiron said I could say my goodbyes. A few other campers asked my to say good luck to you. Everyone hopes you succeed. Even the Ares campers" Annabeth smiled again. Then, her smile faded. She looked really worried.

"What's wrong"? Percy asked. She took a deep breath before speaking. "I'm just worried. What if anything goes wrong. I mean, this time I'm not here to save you". Percy smiled. "Hey , i've been on quests before. I can handle myself. Besides, I will be careful". "Still, you will be alone. No one will even know where you are, let alone if you are in danger". Percy smiled at her.

"Hey, I will come back. I would hate it to do mr D a favor and die". Annabeth smiled. She walked towards him. "Only you could have such a stupid reason to come back alive". Percy shrugged. "I think it's a good one. But I've more reasons. Like all my friends and family count on in". Annabeth nodded, looking at the ground again. She looked really nervous, like she wanted to ask something, but didn't dare it.

"Hey wise girl, what's wrong? Is there anything more you have to say"? "Yes, I do" Suddenly, she kissed him . Percy blushed. She blushed too. "Just for good luck. It might help, it helped back then on mount St Helens. You survived, although you did free Typhon" She spoke really fast. Then she turned and ran away.

Percy just stood there, not understanding what just happened. Has Annabeth just kissed me, again? Percy thought. Why would she do that? Jeez, I really don't get girls. With a sigh , he diceded just to continue packing. While he was packing, he thought about how Annabeth and kissed him. It had been fast and sweet. While he was thinking about this, he suddenly wondered how it would be to kiss Artemis. Would it be short and sweet, like with Annabeth. Or would it be passionate and intense?

Somehow, he thought it would be really intense and passionated. It fit Artemis' character. Percy shook his head. Damn it! he thought. Why can't I get Artemis out of my head? I need to focus on the danger, not on one of the most beautiful, amazing people ever. He suddenly had an idea; would Aphrodite be doing this? Making him think about Artemis all the time? She had said she would make his love life difficult. And what could be more difficult than being in love with a certain moon goddess?

For a moment , Percy could swear he heard someone laugh. A female laugh. Sweet and beautiful. He even hear a voice; don't fight it Percy. You know you like her. And you are one of the first males she actually likes. You two just belong together. Percy shook his head. "Leave me alone! I don't have time for this, I have to save my friends". "Fine, but you will realize soon enough. Love is too strong too fight, sweetie" . With that, the voice disappeared. Percy sighed; he would deal with that later. Right now, he needed to focus on his quest. A few minutes later, he walked towards Chiron's cabin. The hero of Olympus was ,again, ready to save the world.