I sighed from my seat and rubbed the sides of my head with my forefingers.

'This is going to be a long, long play."

~

After the show ended with a loud of applause, Principal Winterbottom went upstage and stood on the podium with a huge smile on her face.

"I am so proud of each and every one of Haven Bell's talents. You've proven yourself to us all not only in terms of academics but also in the fields of sports and other arts as well, and for that, I commend all of you," she said and everyone shouted and cheered at this.

Principal held out her hand and everyone immediately went silent, awaiting her next announcement, "I hope you'll all be excited by this next announcement. Spring is almost here, as we all know, and with the help of your Student Council, We will have our very first spring ball on the day before Spring break."

I noticed the students around me get all jittery and excited about this announcement. A ball? How does that even happen? The only balls I know off are the ones I saw on Disney movies as a child.

"For more information, please refer to the bulletin boards and posters on the hallways. Thank you so much everyone and have a good day." Principal ended her announcement with another applause from the audience.

"A ball huh?" Aiden spoke from beside me, "that's a great idea. You with a beautiful dress and me with a dashing suit. That would be really awesome."

I snorted at his comment, but deep inside I felt my heart leap at his words. Was he implying that he'll go to the ball with me? "Who said I was going?"

Aiden's smile turned to a frown, "you're not?"

I gave him a small smile, "We'll see, and besides no one is asking me yet so I'm really not obliged to go right?"

Aiden was about to say something but I received a text from Emerald.

Meet me outside ASAP!!

~xoxo E

"Hey Aid, it was great spending time with you, despite you not being able to keep your mouth shut the whole time, but I really have to go now so see you around okay?" The words came out really fast and I was about to open my arms in a hug, but as soon as I realized what I was about to do, I just stood there in an awkward position between sitting and standing up.

"Hey what do you mean?" he asked after a three second delay.

I smiled at him instead before I ran outside the auditorium with my phone held tightly in my hands. I was scanning the area in search for Emerald and after a 360 degree turn, I finally caught sight of her red curls.

"Emerald!" I called out. I was glad that she turned around.

"Asia!" She called back as she walked towards my direction, "how was the play? Did I do well?"

"You were amazing Ems," I said in all honestly, "even Aiden was impressed."

Emerald blushed at the compliment and she took my hand in hers. She was already out of her fairy costume but the glitter on her skin was still there.

"Thanks, that really means a lot," she said before finally pulling me in for a hug.

"Why did you want to see me so bad?" I asked her as we finally broke off the hug.

"Well I wanted us to celebrate," she replied. I saw a glint of a little mischief in her eyes that kind of scared me in a way.

"This is your idea of celebrating?" I glared at Emerald who was nodding her head in reply.