chapter one

god i was going to miss australia. spending my holidays at the beach surfing dusk till dawn, and my past 4 school years learning magic at australia's wizardry school. my parents, my mum a half blood and my dad a pure blood, had both gotten promotions and will start work at the ministry in england right after we move in. of course, this means i'll have to move to hogwarts. i'd heard a lot about it, i mean who from the wizarding world hadn't? the war in the 90's, and of course harry potter. i was kinda excited to start there (partly because of the hot british boys).

it was my last day of 4th year, and my last day in australia. i had good friends here, but no one super close. i was going to miss them, but it's not like i couldn't live without them. we decided to have a sleepover on the last day of school, with a cute little picnic in my backyard - as a goodbye party.

@ivythomas going 2 miss this bunch:(

user1 will miss you so much ivy 😭😭
—> stop making me sad :(((
user2 had sm fun tonight
user3 💜💜
user4 hi girly!! check your dm for a collab💕🎁
user5 prof smith and i will miss u forever
—> say hi to him for me next year😏

the next month was a blur of packing up everything and stressing out about school. i surfed as much as possible, and hung out with as many people as i could before we had to leave. finally, the day had come. i walked around my childhood home as the walls echoed with emptiness. it was bittersweet. i grabbed my final suitcase and met my family in the hollow feeling kitchen, where i'd spent countless days. we apparated to our new house in kensington borough, london. i could never get used to the feeling of it. as we appeared in the back lawn of my new house, i was speechless. it was a massive, 7 story townhouse with a swimming pool out the back. we walked into the kitchen, amazed by the size of the house. i ran upstairs to find my room on the highest level. it had a huge walk in wardrobe and my own bathroom. i flopped onto my king sized bed and looked around my room at all of my furniture that house elves had arranged ready for our arrival. above my bed sat a huge window, looking out onto the street, facing the house of similar appearance across the road.

i took the elevator downstairs to see my parents sitting around the kitchen bench eating thai takeaway. "come sit down ivy, we got you some pad thai" mum said, smiling at me. "thanks mum, thanks dad" i say as i sit. we sit eating, talking about the new house. after dinner, i head back to my room on the top floor and get ready to take a shower. i blast music and wash my body and hair with vanilla body wash and coconut shampoo and conditioner. i step out of the shower, dry off and slip on my matching sheer, black lace bra and thong. flinging the bathroom door open, i dance wildly around to "this charming man" by the smiths. it was a whole two minutes before i saw him.