"Good afternoon Lucas, Tobias."

"Mr. Smith." Both of the males give you a smile and open the gates for you.

"Have a good day now, i'll see you two when I exit."

'Okay's' are given to you from the two soldiers and you continue on your merry way.

Greeting some of the kids in the orphanage you gather a small following as you head to the kitchen.

"Mr.Y/N!" The oldest kid there clocking in at 11 is sitting in the kitchen with some of the other kids from the orphanage however both the head and a little less than half of the children from the orphanage are missing "Mrs.Jenny and the others went to go see the survey corps come back! The other Mr.Smith, will be with them right?"

You place the basket of bread on the table "Yes, he should. They went to take Maria and Shiganshina back from the titans. We'll all be very proud when they return victorious."

***

You head home, you'd spent longer in the orphanage than you'd thought. Strangely once Mrs. Jenny and the other children got back you were given a very long and very tight hug, Mrs.Jenny kept apologizing, you ignored why she would be doing that.

You went back to the bakery and worked in the back kneading out dough until closing.

You hurried home, a lot less spring in your step than what you'd had when you entered the orphanage. Now you just wanted to head home and cuddle with Erwin until the two of you could sleep peacefully.

Your heart drops seeing the horses in the stables behind your house, not a single one of them was white. Your hands begin to tremble as Levi's horse neighs as you, Hanji's only snorts and tips it's head in your direction. You don't hear the familiar Whine of Erwin's horse, however, there is one horse you don't recognize tied to one of the trees surrounding your house near the stable. Something could have happened to Erwin's causing for him to need a new horse.

Taking in a deep breath you unlock the door to your house before pushing it open.

"...Erwin?"

A dark green cloak stands up from the kitchen table the wings of freedom tacked onto it, but... the frame is too small. Erwin doesn't have black hair, Erwin doesn't even have two arm, Erwin's buffer than that... that's not Erwin that's, "...Levi?"

"Y/N..." For the first time since you met the man Levi seems unsure of what to do, behind him Hanji is wide eyed and you can tell she doesn't know what to do either, beside Hanji is another male in the same cloak but he's not Erwin.

"W-where's Erwin?"

Levi walks towards you slowly, no one makes a move except for him and Hanji, Hanji moves to the edge of the table and only watches and Levi gently rest a his hands on your shoulder, disregarding the flour and yeast all over you.

"Y/N, i'm sorry but there were choices that had to be made and Erw--"

Before Levi can even finish his sentence he's catching your limp body in his arms noting your closed eyes.

"He's passed out." Levi's voice was soft, a lot different than what Jean, the other survey corpse member, had ever heard from the stoic captain. "Hanji can you,"

Hanji gently takes the man from Levi's arms and goes further into the house, towards the bedroom.

Jean says nothing and slowly sits back down once Levi does.

Levi doesn't make a move to remove any of the residue from his hands and instead stares at his hands sadly, something akin to regret in his gaze.

"Shit."