Chapter 35: Second Task

Start from the beginning

At least it's keeping my head away from the idea that Y/n is nowhere to be found.

Five minutes into the task and Fleur emerged from the water asking for help. She was attacked by one of the grindylows. Poor woman, she looked bit paler than usual.

"Nasty creatures." Ron exclaimed. I have no idea but I had the feeling that I should watch this task carefully.

"Ms. Delacour has been forced to retire for the second task." Dumbledore announced.

Thirty minutes after Cedric emerged from the water with Cho Chang.

"Woo! Cedric!" The crowd cheered. George and I exchanged looks.

Ten minutes after and Krum emerged with Hermione. My heart sank. I felt George's hand on my shoulder.

"Blimey! If Hermione was down there then-" Ron was cut off by George when George nudged him in his stomach. They both looked at me.

I don't know what to feel. There's seven minutes left until an hour is finished. Someone was about to emerged. I wished so bad to see who it was that I leaned on the railings, almost falling to see Y/n who was struggling to get out of the water.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Y/n's POV:

I woke up emerging from a body of water. I gasped for air and struggled to stay on top of it. I pushed Fleur's sister upwards and she was grabbed by one of the adults. Me on the other hand... You see, of all things and abilities I have learned I could do being a protector, there's one that I can not do.

"She can't swim!" Hermione screamed. Great Hermione scream it louder. So the whole school will know how incompetent Ms. Protector is.

I saw Cedric jump from the platform and suddenly I felt someone wrapped their arms around my waist. I was a bit startled because nobody does that to me unless that nobody was Fred.

He pulled me towards the platform. I roamed around to see where—

"Harry's not here yet." Hermione exclaimed as she wrapped me with a towel. I wasn't talking about Harry. I was talking about Fred. I wanted to see where he was. I know he would've been worried. But I didn't see him anywhere.

Harry then emerged from the water with his wand pointing up. Harry landed near me. I was too occupied in finding where Fred was that I didn't notice Harry.

"Harry! You're alright!" Hermione exclaimed as he hugged Harry. I stood up and left them there. I tried to find Fred myself.

"Y/n!" Ginny exclaimed and hugged me. I have no idea what is happening around. My ears were ringing but everything sounded low, as if I was still underwater. All I wanted was to find Fred. But I couldn't find him. I felt tears rushed down my eyes. Where are you?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Balderdash." Hermione said to the painting. It opened the pathway to the Gryffindor common room.

Harry, Hermione, and I were all freezing cold. Ron and Ginny are with us. No sign of the twins, yet they're the ones I wanted badly to see.

"Y/n, it'll be alright." Ginny whispered. I smiled at her faintly.

When we got inside everyone cheered at Harry's victory. I saw the twins sitting on a couch. George and I made eye contact and he looked at me apologetically. Fred was sitting there and not even looking my way.