Chapter 35: Second Task

Fred's POV:

"Have you guys seen Hermione?" Harry asked when he sat down on the table in the great hall.

"No idea, mate. Fred's been searching for Y/n the whole morning too." George answered.

"The girls are probably together. You know them and their giggles." Ron said while eating his breakfast.

"Yeah, that does make sense." Harry said and grabbed his own breakfast. I do hope she's safe with them.

"Say, Fred, does Y/n have anything in her room that will help me brainstorm about the task? I really need her help." Harry said looking at me.

"I don't know, Harry. We can check it out before the task if you want." Harry nodded at me. We finished our breakfast and went to Y/n's room. I hoped she was in her room but she wasn't.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Bets!"

"Take your bets!"

George and I shouted in unison and from time to time we switched with each other's words.

Someone bumped to us and passed through. I'm already stressed out about Y/n being out of sight and now someone decides to bump into me?

We turned around to see Ginny who was glaring at us.

"Don't be so mean." she said. She turned around to leave but before she could I called her.

"Wait, Ginny! Have you seen Y/n?" I asked.

"No, I haven't seen her and Hermione since yesterday. They're probably there already." she said and walked away.

I nodded. Why would Y/n not tell me anything? This is frustrating me. Looks like George saw my frustration so he held my shoulder.

"I'm sure she's fine." he smiled faintly.

We then headed to the other audience where Ron was. Hermione and Y/n nowhere to be found.

"Still nowhere?" George asked.

Ron only shook his head. Where is Y/n? She'll never miss this task. She always tells me how Harry is like a little brother of hers and she wants to support him as much as she can.

"Welcome to the second task!" Dumbledore began talking, "Last night something was stolen from each of our champions, a treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion now lie on the bottom of the black lake."

I looked at George. I have a bad feeling about this task. Is this how Y/n feels whenever she's worried? The heart suddenly sinking and shrinking?

"In order to win, each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough, except for this, they will have but one hour to do so and one hour only, after that they'll be on their own. No magic will save them. At the sound of the canon."

Filch blew the canon and every champion made their ways into the cold lake.

"Harry! Harry!"

"Krum! Viktor Krum!"

"Go Fleur!"

"Come on Diggory!"

Everyone chanted in unison. There was a long silence. Each of us anticipating what will happen. Each of us waiting. And as I waited I wished so bad to see Y/n coming towards me.

"Yeah!" Harry exclaimed as he jumped out of the water. He had fins that caused for me and George to look at each other.

"Wicked." we said in unison.